CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

That would be an AWESOME choice, and would instantaneously get me on board for Man Of Steel 2. I loved Kick-Ass and First Class, and I really liked Kingsman. This guy understands comic book movies very well, giving them gravitas from both the fun/colorful and drama standpoints, and I think he could nail Superman.

DCEU now has a lot of good talent behind the camera, between Vaughn (if they get him), James Wan, and Matt Reeves.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harley said:

Vaughn would be a step up. Question is if he would do it. 

He turned down Bond and didn't want to continue with X-Men, I don't see why he would do MOS 2.  

Though he did say MOS should have been lighter and more Dick Donner-ish so if they let him do it own way, maybe.

Edited by TalismanRing

12 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This is so early that it's not even worth getting excited about.

I want to be excited cause I've really enjoyed all his movies but I feel like you're right. I hope this works out though. 

I've been mulling this over and it really seems, between this, Reeves hiring, Gibson early talks, that finally WB are getting back on the 'director-driven' train with this, which is part of why I was excited for this CU. BvS unfortunately did cause quite the roadbump for them - screwing up SS in the process, causing the 'creative differences' drama with Flash and so on....

20 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

He turned down Bond and didn't want to continue with X-Men

He returned to the X-Men after leaving X3 over creative differences. And he wanted to continue after First Class, only he wanted to do Kingsman first and he had a different idea for the X-prequel trilogy where he wanted a complete period film set in the 70's with a recast Wolverine post-FC, and then an 80's set DoFP after the 70's X-flick with Hugh Jackman meeting NuWolverine. It was Fox and Singer/Kinberg who decided to go with DoFP set in the future and immediately after FC, sans Vaughn and a younger actor playing 70's Wolverine. To Vaughn's credit, he was very graceful about the whole thing saying it was "Bryan's franchise".

Source

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Batman has a director, and a potential script, tho... :wintf:

I would bet The Batman will go into production early 2018 for a 2019 release (if it's a page one re-write). If they use the current script, and Affleck is committed to return, then it could potentially got into production in the fall.

But all of this is conjecture, who the hell knows what is going on when we get friend of a friend rumors.