Blankments

PLAYMOBIL : The Movie | December 6, 2019

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's weird that STX is delaying this and 21 Bridges but it retain the same dates OS. 

It has a different distributor OS so the dates don’t necessarily have to be the same.

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

It has a different distributor OS so the dates don’t necessarily have to be the same.

Playmobil does as it's Studiocanal but STX's UK arm is distributing 21 Bridges

Edited by Jonwo

Hey @Blankments you around? Do you or a mod want to change the title of the movie to Playmobil: The Movie, and the date to December 6, 2019?

Zero marketing for this (not that anyone can blame the studio). This movie is the dump of all dumps. If there was a box office dictionary, this movie and its release date - and complete lack of marketing and awareness - would be the definition of "dump".

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Hey @Blankments you around? Do you or a mod want to change the title of the movie to Playmobil: The Movie, and the date to December 6, 2019?

Zero marketing for this (not that anyone can blame the studio). This movie is the dump of all dumps. If there was a box office dictionary, this movie and its release date - and complete lack of marketing and awareness - would be the definition of "dump".

Fixed .... :)

2 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Good news: Finally trying variable pricing.   

Bad news: Even variable pricing can’t save this.

It'll be interesting to see how it affects the gross. Will it be even less because the same number of people are inevitably seeing it but the tickets are cheaper? Or will it be more because the cheaper price gives more people some incentive?

I agree that either way this is going to bomb though.

• Haha 1

Opening in 2,337 theatres tomorrow. I'm predicting roughly a $1,900-$2,000 PTA for an OW gross of $4.44M to $4.67M. However, that's before factoring in the discounted ticket offerings. I'm also probably being a littler generous with my predicted PTA. That PTA is pretty bad to start with but I could definitely imagine it being even lower, given the sheer lack of children and families that will actually elect to see this over Frozen.

So this starts out live action...

And apparently very 

Spoiler

grim: Anya Taylor-Joy's character has just finished high school and wants to travel the world with her new passport before going off to college, which she shares with her little brother via musical number. She's gonna tell Mom and Dad, when the cops come to house with news that there's been an accident and the parents are dead. Big Sister is 18, so guess who has to be a responsible adult instead of living out her dreams? Cut to FOUR YEARS LATER when the main action starts. 

No wonder the ads were like, hey, this is so wacky and colorful and Harry Potter is a spy! 

• Astonished 1

4 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

So this starts out live action...

And apparently very 

Hide contents

grim: Anya Taylor-Joy's character has just finished high school and wants to travel the world with her new passport before going off to college, which she shares with her little brother via musical number. She's gonna tell Mom and Dad, when the cops come to house with news that there's been an accident and the parents are dead. Big Sister is 18, so guess who has to be a responsible adult instead of living out her dreams? Cut to FOUR YEARS LATER when the main action starts. 

No wonder the ads were like, hey, this is so wacky and colorful and Harry Potter is a spy! 

LOL! What a disaster. Can't wait to see the Monday number. I'm getting so much sick enjoyment out of this.

• Haha 1

Is the theater drop a mistake by The Numbers or did STX waive the normal 2-week minimum booking as part of that discount ticket deal? Or were the theaters like, screw it, the penalty for dropping Playmobil will be less than what we'll lose by keeping it another weekend!

6 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Is the theater drop a mistake by The Numbers or did STX waive the normal 2-week minimum booking as part of that discount ticket deal? Or were the theaters like, screw it, the penalty for dropping Playmobil will be less than what we'll lose by keeping it another weekend!

My local theater has 16 screens and still jettisoned Playmobil after a single week.

• Like 1