Quigley

Friday numbers: THG3 - 6.8, HB2 - 2.8, PoM - 2.6 (weekend actuals on p12)

Frozen had a bigger OW and better legs than Tangled.

Much better on both counts, especially its legs, which are harder to match or even approach.

Your first mistake was trying to compare BH6 and Frozen boxoffice in the first place. BH6 has been having typical animated movie legs. :ph34r:

Only slightly above average legs so far--very similar to those of Wreck-It Ralph and The Lego Movie, for example.

I'm wondering if would have been smarter to put the Frozen short with Into the Woods. The Frozen short will even have a song! Seemed like the perfect fit.

I think that Disney expects more of Cinderella and it may need some help to meet those expectations. There is also more of a connection in the sense that both are related to their princess animated features.

Into the Woods needs it more since the ceiling for the movie is 150M, while the ceiling for Cinderella is 250m DOM.

If Into the Woods succeeds that would be great for Disney, but they want Cinderella to be a blockbuster if possible, and Frozen Fever should give them a little more assurance that it will reach its potential. Simply put, the stakes are higher and this strategy therefore maximizes the value of the short.

Edited by Melvin Frohike

I'm wondering if would have been smarter to put the Frozen short with Into the Woods. The Frozen short will even have a song! Seemed like the perfect fit.

Into the Woods needs it more since the ceiling for the movie is 150M, while the ceiling for Cinderella is 250m DOM.

But I guess I should be happy the Frozen short is getting attached to a movie more people will see. :thinking:

I think Cinderella might need it more.  It seems like it may lack the four quadrant appeal that Disney's previous live action fairy tales have had, and the short might give it the boost it needs to be profitable.  Into the Woods I agree has a lower ceiling, but I also think it has a better floor. 

On the other hand I wish the short was in front of Into the Woods.  I can't justify spending $7 to see a short :(

• Like 1