LexJoker

Wednesday #s 12/24 | Hobbit $6M, NATM $2.8M

I'm surprised with the unbroken numbers. There didn't seem to be much pre-release buzz, and it doesn't have golden globe nominations either. Weird. It's really benefiting from no huge four quadrant films.

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

Empire, things are a little different down there in southern Illinois.  Your representative for U.S. Congress down there is probably John Shimkus, who has said that climate change can't be real because of some passages in The Bible about Noah's Ark and The Flood.

Yes, let's talk about them.

Those numbers... they're... crazy...

No but in all honesty, that is a fantastic number for Unbroken. I'm not sure how Christmas releases work at the box office, but do family oriented films have a bigger/smaller drops on Friday than those that are non-family oriented?

Ando, Streep and Jolie making this thread so active ;)

And come on on guys let's not complain with the early guesstimates from the trades, if we don't have numbers in any form, people whine and thread dies early. It's OK to have these early guesstimates to have something to talk about if they will be wrong or not lol

Ando, one more post along similar lines and I'm banning you from the thread. You're now willfully ignoring what posters said just to push them into your own distorted stereotypes of them.

We have crazy numbers to talk about. So let's talk about them.

Thank you.

Also the numbers are quite crazy indeed, but Unbroken looked like a crowd pleaser, so I can't say I'm surprise it's doing well.

Edited by Saintarcher

If you don't agree with some of my comments on here - whether about box office projections or about something sexist said by a member here....then just ignore me.  You are allowed to ignore members.  Just ignore my comments and move along.  I do it all of the time when I read comments.  Just ignore me. The 5% of members who throw fire at me for my comments are the problem.  Just ignore my comments.

Unbroken will likely make most of its money domestically but I think it'll do okay OS.

Into the Woods breaking out is good for musical films as I imagine more will be greenlit if it does break over $100m but I'm not sure on its OS run because the title isn't as well known compared to Les Miserables, it'll have to rely on promoting the cast

• Like 1

The other 95 just stay silent. You can't just assume the silent majority is on your side just because they don't say anything. We all disagree just saying.

Or just can't be bothered anymore.

• Like 1