LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

I woke up this morning hoping numbers would be early (I just completed a math test so this was the first time since then I could check for an update). I woke up hoping for 4M+, then realizing I was being too ambitious; that I was setting myself up for disappointment when this grossed only 2.7M.

But 5+???? This is crazy!!! I can't wait until Friday updates start rolling in!!!

• Like 2

$10-15 million over the 4 day.

Wedding Ringer could do $20 million or $35 million. Depends on how many casual viewers it gets from Sniper sellouts. 

Comparing them to last years Jack Ryan and Ride Along, Blackhat is looking at 9,8m and Wedding Ringer at 35,4m.

• Like 1

Comparing them to last years Jack Ryan and Ride Along, Blackhat is looking at 9,8m and Wedding Ringer at 35,4m.

That would be an insane January weekend. Sniper 50M, Wedding Ringer 35M, Paddington 25M, Blackhat 10M, Selma 12M, Imitation Game 8M. Taken 3 15-20M. Those numbers would be crazy in January if all the movies hit those targets.

• Like 2

Blackhat won't even make $10M for the 4 day. It's looking to be an unsurprising dud given the deadly combo of poor reviews, a muddled premise/marketing campaign, and American Sniper gobbling up all the attention as a vastly more appealing product.

• Like 1

That would be an insane January weekend. Sniper 50M, Wedding Ringer 35M, Paddington 25M, Blackhat 10M, Selma 12M, Imitation Game 8M. Taken 3 15-20M. Those numbers would be crazy in January if all the movies hit those targets.

For the 3 day right? 

Because Sniper only getting $50 million over 4 days would be a disappointment after that $5.3 million preview number. I'm hoping all of that happens (well maybe $40 million for Ringer and $30-32 million for Paddington lol).