LexJoker

Weekend Numbers Jan 23-25 pg 46(AS 64 mill, Mom's cookies 15)

I believe that $4M budget for the Boy Next Door because well the movie has that TV movie look on it and JLo knows she does not have commanding power to ask for more since what was her last box office hit anyway?

JLo needed a hit and she's going to have one with this movie.

Highest rated Oscar show since 1998?

IDK, it was obvious Titanic was going to win, it was up for the most awards and the whole 1997 Best Picture lineup was pretty popular (adjusted totals):

Titanic: $1.065B

As Good As It Gets: $262.9M

Good Will Hunting: $245M

L.A. Confidential: $115.5M

The Full Monty: $82.3M

I don't know if AS is enough of a spectacle with a huge fanbase like Titanic and RotK that will bring in viewers. Will the Sniper controversy still be brewing a month from now? But yeah the Academy is super relieved that The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Imitation Game aren't the biggest hits of the lineup and they don't have to hold their ratings hopes on getting Cumberbabes to tune in.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 4

IDK, it was obvious Titanic was going to win, it was up for the most awards and the whole 1997 Best Picture lineup was pretty popular (adjusted totals):

Titanic: $1.065B

As Good As It Gets: $262.9M

Good Will Hunting: $245M

L.A. Confidential: $115.5M

The Full Monty: $82.3

I don't know if AS is enough of a spectacle with a huge fanbase like Titanic and RotK that will bring in viewers. Will the Sniper controversy still be brewing a month from now? But yeah the Academy is super relieved that The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Imitation Game aren't the biggest hits of the lineup and they don't have to hold their ratings hopes on getting Cumberbabes to tune in.

These box office numbers for AS are clearly fakes paid for and put out by the Academy so people will be under the illusion there's a big hit nominated.

Can't wait to see if someone thinks I'm being serious.

• Like 1