LexJoker

Weekend Numbers Jan 23-25 pg 46(AS 64 mill, Mom's cookies 15)

Have we ranked the best pic nominees yet?

1. The Grand Budapest Hotel - 5/5

2. Whiplash - 5/5

3. Birdman - 4,5/5

4. Boyhood - 4/5

5. The Theory of Everything - 3/5

6. The Imitation Game - 2,5/5

1. Whiplash

2. Birdman

3/4. Boyhood/American Sniper

5. Grand Budapest Hotel

6. Selma

7. Imitation Game

8. Theory of Everything

But my real number 1 is Gone Girl. F#%king academy!

• Like 2

You know what's an overrated depp performance? finding neverland. unbearable film in general.

There are very few Johnny Depp movies that I like. The only ones would really be Sleepy Hallow and Nick of Time. The rest were either meh, or ugh. 

This is definitely the most surprising box office run for me. This film wasn't even on my radar until it came out. I'd heard a few people talk about wanting to see it, but I hadn't paid much attention to the hype that was there I guess. 

Looks like we could be looking at a 65M+ weekend and a 400M+ total! Totally shocking!!

Edited by friendofnarnia
  • Like 1

Have we ranked the best pic nominees yet?

1. The Grand Budapest Hotel - 5/5

2. Whiplash - 5/5

3. Birdman - 4,5/5

4. Boyhood - 4/5

5. The Theory of Everything - 3/5

6. The Imitation Game - 2,5/5

Boyhood

Whiplash

Selma

Grand Budapest

American Sniper

Birdman

Imitation Game

Theory of Everything

think I undersold boyhood on my last ranking, but I finally got the dvd the other day and watched it a second time and it's just such a warm experience. it's the kind of movie I'd like to have on in the background when I'm working or whatever. I could watch it over and over.

• Like 2

The Pro Bowl did not affect Lone Survivor. I doubt it'll affect American Sniper. Still hoping for as much money as possible this weekend. 

Isn't this the 1st year they have put it on the week before The Super Bowl?  I might be wrong about that, but I think this is the 1st time it has been in January.  It's still a gigantic weekend if it gets around 55 million.  But some people are going nuts with talk of over 350 domestic.  That won't be happening.

Isn't this the 1st year they have put it on the week before The Super Bowl?  I might be wrong about that, but I think this is the 1st time it has been in January.  It's still a gigantic weekend if it gets around 55 million.  But some people are going nuts with talk of over 350 domestic.  That won't be happening.

Since 2010, but nice try

• Like 3

Ranking the ones I've seen:

1. Selma

2. Grand Budapest Hotel

3. Boyhood

4. Birdman

Ranking my interest in the remaining ones

1. Whiplash

2. Theory of Everything

3. The Imitation Game

4. (this spot intentionally left blank)

I'll do the same:

1. Imitation Game

2. Birdman

3. American Sniper

4. The Grand Budapest Hotel

Interest in the rest:

1. Boyhood (I may see it tonight)

2. The Theory of Everything

3. Selma

4. Whiplash

• Like 1

This is not the first year they put it the week before the Super Bowl

But it is the first year Andy Dalton went, so that will drive viewers away

• Like 2