LexJoker

Weekend Numbers Jan 23-25 pg 46(AS 64 mill, Mom's cookies 15)

BoxOffice @BoxOffice · 1m1 minute ago

THE BOY NEXT DOOR opened with $14.91M this weekend. #TheBoyNextDoor

You knew it would drop under their $15M estimate, but that's actually not that bad of a drop, it came pretty close.

TAKEN 3 took in $7.41M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $75.86M. #Taken3

This movie, out for 3 weeks know, actually had a worse drop from the estimate. Go figure.

Cake $916,179 -- 482 -- $1,901 $916,179 1 Cinelou Releasing

And there you go, the $1M they announced yesterday was just a straight up lie. Not even remotely close, off by nearly 10%.

• Like 1

Wild seems such a vanity project though, which it was, she produced it.

I saw some footage from the movie and I was laughing so much, Reese without make up, fighting mother nature, looking tired with her big bag pack, how brave, how AMPAS-y of her. The entire thing smells like an Oscah movie cliche which it is just like Aniston with Cake.

I am not saying the movie is not good or that Reese isn t good in it, I am saying the reason for this movie to exist is just a message to her industry : look! I can act and play deep, meaningful stuff.

Anyway, this is kinda sad because it shows how little good female characters parts exist each year in Hollywood so the big stars have to create those parts for themselves.

Wild is *just* like Cake.  

Except that its good.  

Not great, perhaps, but good.  Reese deserves the nomination but should be at best a dark horse to actually win it.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

THE WEDDING RINGER took in $11.31M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $39.39M. #TheWeddingRinger

MORTDECAI opened with $4.20M this weekend. #Mortdecai

PADDINGTON took in $12.27M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $39.94M. #Paddington