LexJoker

Weekend Numbers Jan 23-25 pg 46(AS 64 mill, Mom's cookies 15)

LMAO DOTPOTA is far from BP worthy

so are a lot of other nominated films. Point is, it tackles the themes the academy tend to look for but gets overlooked because its part of a franchise which is just dumb. There thought process rules out a lot of really good films, usually better than the ones they pick.

After letting Boyhood sit for a couple days It is definately falling in my oscar rankings. While AS made a big splash for a film that I wasn't even looking for on my list. Still can't believe that if you take out AS, Imitation tops the list at 60m - rediculously small sample sizes this year. 

Well, if Gone Girl hadn't gotten snubbed and if Unbroken and Interstellar hadn't disappointed quality wise and received BP noms (along with Into the Woods), then the picture would have been quite different.

Wild seems such a vanity project though, which it was, she produced it.

I saw some footage from the movie and I was laughing so much, Reese without make up, fighting mother nature, looking tired with her big bag pack, how brave, how AMPAS-y of her. The entire thing smells like an Oscah movie cliche which it is just like Aniston with Cake.

I am not saying the movie is not good or that Reese isn t good in it, I am saying the reason for this movie to exist is just a message to her industry : look! I can act and play deep, meaningful stuff.

Anyway, this is kinda sad because it shows how little good female characters parts exist each year in Hollywood so the big stars have to create those parts for themselves.

Theaters are closing early in NYC.

Yeah, the storm will likely cause somewhat depressed Monday/Tuesday numbers, but not enough to cause any significant long-term impact. 

Likewise, Sunday will be lower next week, especially for this movie given the demographics. But President's day will make up for it. 

Wild seems such a vanity project though, which it was, she produced it.

I saw some footage from the movie and I was laughing so much, Reese without make up, fighting mother nature, looking tired with her big bag pack, how brave, how AMPAS-y of her. The entire thing smells like an Oscah movie cliche which it is just like Aniston with Cake.

I am not saying the movie is not good or that Reese isn t good in it, I am saying the reason for this movie to exist is just a message to her industry : look! I can act and play deep, meaningful stuff.

Anyway, this is kinda sad because it shows how little good female characters parts exist each year in Hollywood so the big stars have to create those parts for themselves.

Wild is great, so maybe you should watch it before forming an opinion on the movie.
  • Like 3