baumer

Furious 7 (2015)

81 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

To show the damage they did? Deckard seeing his brother in comatose and helpless was probably harder than seeing his tombstone. If they bring him back, I'm done. So he's just gonna rip that feeding tube out of his throat, crack his spine back in place, and start wrecking shit? Even for this series thats absurd. Unless they show a reverend touching his forehead they say the power of Christ miraculously heeled him, I'm not buying it.

They could have shown him in a morgue and his brother would have seen the damage. There has to be a reason he was shown alive. I'm not saying it will make sense, but this series isn't exactly based on logic.

• Like 2

They could have shown him in a morgue and his brother would have seen the damage. There has to be a reason he was shown alive. I'm not saying it will make sense, but this series isn't exactly based on logic.

How much time had elapsed between Owen's defeat and Deckard visiting him in the hospital? Because Owen's hair grew out a great deal. Meaning his body would already be in the ground and decomposed a great deal after such an amount of time.

To some people, seeing your loved one full of tubes, needles, and wires, layed up in a hospital bed as a vegetable or comatose hurts more than seeing their tombstone because at least you know theyre at peace. Sitting in the hospital they could be suffering.

For the 19th time, I dont care if he comes back in 8, as long as hes not wrecking shit. I dont care how illogical the series is, im not putting up with it.

What if he comes back in a big mech suit controlled by his mind?

Only if they go to space and have them mech suit fight on the moon or between the rings of Saturn.

• Like 2

It suffers from an uneveness but when it works it knocks it out of the park. The mountain and the abu dhabi action scenes are some of the best in the series but also of movies in general in the last decade. We get a lot more of the enjoyable same old same old with Kurt Russell to spice things up. The villains seem wasted though, and having 2 was definitely an unecassary complication and a waste of Stathams skills. 

I must say that Wan seems to be able to handle emotional/dramatic scenes better than Lin though and the Paul walker tribute was truly great. 

Overall I'd put it below Fast 5 and 6, definitely worth watching but I doubt I'll buy it on dvd and after this I no longer have interest in the series due to Paul Walkers passing.

B+

To some people, seeing your loved one full of tubes, needles, and wires, layed up in a hospital bed as a vegetable or comatose hurts more than seeing their tombstone because at least you know theyre at peace. Sitting in the hospital they could be suffering.

For the 19th time, I dont care if he comes back in 8, as long as hes not wrecking shit. I dont care how illogical the series is, im not putting up with it.

Only if they go to space and have them mech suit fight on the moon or between the rings of Saturn.

He better be wrecking shit.

The line was crossed long ago.

• Like 5

Just saw this with a full theatre in the afternoon. Crazy.

It was so good, so crazy, so emtional towards the end. Really liked it and my audience liked it too.

The action was next level and the locations were so well chosen. One major plus for not involving The Rock too much. The series better without him. Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to anything else than Paul Walker's ark. So nicely done. A fitting finish for this franchise, at least for me.

A+

• Like 3

I loved the film until the third act which was way, way too long for its own good. But the car chase in the mountains, and the entire Abu Dhabi sequence were fucking awesome. Great tribute to Walker. 

B+

• Like 3

As a muay thai and kick box practitioner for quite a few years now I can totally 100 % agree with Baumer and his thoughts on fights ( tele too )

When tony and Jason do it you see that they are graceful with it and know what they are doing. Even rock's American punch up style is good for the movies. Also both walker and his stunt doubles make it look convincing. Vin is a lump head and quite frankly he can't fight for shit. You can tell it cause a real fighter doing a pretend fight can get it done graciously while vin is just terrible doing it. Only one who wasn't underused was jaa so at least I'm glad for that he got to do 2 big fight scenes where he got to showcase his athleticism. Hopefully they get iko uwais for the next one that would be very cool.

I didn't know weta did cgi Paul but seeing how great it turned out it doesn't surprise me.

When they bring back shaw ( and his brother to bust him out obviously ) I hope they get a better storyline and more damage to do

Nah, I want Iko vs Jaa for The Raid 3. ;)

• Like 3

Why does everyone like the character Brian so much? He's nothing special, not excentric, not realy so outstanding at driving our fighting (driving on par with Dom and wors) he isn't funny like tyrese. I like almost all character more than him, btw I don't like normal characters and i surly don't feel with them, for me they are boring and lame. Altought i ll miss brain i could honestly say i would miss other character more than him.

• Like 1

Why does everyone like the character Brian so much? He's nothing special, not excentric, not realy so outstanding at driving our fighting (driving on par with Dom and wors) he isn't funny like tyrese. I like almost all character more than him, btw I don't like normal characters and i surly don't feel with them, for me they are boring and lame. Altought i ll miss brain i could honestly say i would miss other character more than him.

He's arguably my least favorite character in the series. But, he's likeable in that he's awkwardly charming and unflinchingly loyal. I definitely prefer him to Mia. She's just useless. Hopefully she and/or the baby don't appear in 8. I like the chemistry between Luda and Tyrese. Nathalie hasn't sold me on Ramsey yet, but I'm sure she'll pop up in the next few. The Rock's the man. I actually really liked the dynamic Gadot and Han brought to the team. Gone now of course though. Gotta love Vin. Gotta hope Russell's back... Another great addition. And, Letty's Letty. Like Vin, she belongs.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

I liked him a bunch in the 2nd one. more and more he was becoming just vin diesel's sidekick and not much else. definitely in the last couple. for sure in 6 when he went to that prison solely for the purpose of trying to give paul walker something to do other than back up vin.

• Like 5

I liked him a bunch in the 2nd one. more and more he was becoming just vin diesel's sidekick and not much else. definitely in the last couple. for sure in 6 when he went to that prison solely for the purpose of trying to give paul walker something to do other than back up vin.

I definitely liked him most in 2 Fast. He and filmmakers had to instill more swagger in him in that one given the absence of Vin. Agree with the second point too.

• Like 1