Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

atm I'm going with 95-100, see how it goes, i was relucted to have high end 100 , early i was thinking just over 90

whoa that's 68M friday day business on the low-end. It's basically having TA's Saturday (69.6M) on it's freaking Friday, on a fucking school day.

Edit: Thanks Rth!

Edited by jse

IMO Opening day should be everything it makes in the first 24hrs....meaning anything made after 7pm tonight shouldn't count! Or Thursday should have been counted as a separate day. I mean, if DH2 had 7pm Thursday showings it would have been well over 100m by the end of Friday. And that was with 2011 ticket prices and a lower 3d share....

I don't think there is any way to know that. Those people going to the previews might have just gone during Friday day instead. The only thing that probably would be different is that it would have a bigger preview number, maybe OD if people went to see it again.

Edited by OmegaSupreme

What books will millennials who are now becoming parents be reading to their kids again? Marvel comics? Kids don't read comics anymore lol not even close to what it was when the brand was established. This legacy argument is hilarious because the books will endure so much longer than Marvels UP & DOWN 50-60 years to date.

Damn. There goes my 189.5m prediction out the freakin' window! LOL

I'm happy to be wrong. Whoa.

LOL 69 members and 110 guests. A lot of people are interested in this number.

Credit must be given where credit is due.

Congratulations, AoU. It took four years for a film to top Potter, and only because of an extra five hours, and having a film that jumbles in many superheroes. 

Cheers. 

Hey, look on the bright side, it took a witch being added to Avengers to take out Potter! I wonder who would win in a duel, Scarlet Witch or Hermione?

• Like 1

When I was in the 4th grade, I ran for Student Council President and we were allowed to post 8 posters around the school that had only our name and picture.

I photoshopped my head onto Harry's body and printed over 100 posters and ended up winning by a landslide.

You sure you won dude? Haha

• Like 1

I know, hence I explained for my country.

The fact there are Quidditch teams in UK is not what is baffling me. It's the fact there are actual official international tournaments all over western Europe. Anyway, I never cared about Potter.

Edited by MADash Rendar

Biggest ever are

1. TA 62.4 miillion

2. Im3 53.5 million

3. Fast 7 52 million 

4. Spider Man 3- 50 million 

In terms of tickets sold

Its sort of between Spiderman 3, DMC and TA for biggest Friday business ever. 

I'd give the edge to DMC because of July and kid tickets.

If its over 67 million I think its easily biggest ever in tickets sold ever as well. 

If it increases tomorrow :lol:

70M Saturday is in play.

so every source says 85-89 until disney announces they're confident about 200 and record going down, and suddenly "new industry estimates" appear saying 94-97m od. if they were gonna do this they should have at least gone big and said 100m

You looking at estimates:

anigif_longform-original-32019-141456228

• Like 1

Leaving this insufferable Potter circle jerk. And, I like the Potter series too. This is goofy. Movie breaks the OD record and may break the OW record too and the discussion is Potter's cultural significance?

If only everyone loved it as much as you guys maybe it doesn't drop so hard Sat/Sun OW and, especially, that 2nd weekend. And, trust me, I wanted to see it break $400M DOM. Couldn't even with almost $170 OW and near universal acclaim.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 4

I own Disney stock btw so I am NOT biased in here, I really think Potter is way more important to lives of our kids & future kids than the Avengers or any other comic book heroes.

How does owning stock in a company have anything to do with the importance of Marvel compared to Potter?

• Like 6