Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Show me how it will do 210M from 84.5M friday. Are you saying bigger increase on saturday minus previews and similar drop as Avengers on sunday. This is also assuming there will be zero impact due to fight of the century and other sporting events, and assuming AOU is having similar reception as Avengers.

I think 200m is best case scenario with Avengers kind of increase/decrease. Even with IM3 saturday and Avengers sunday it will not break OW record.

Something along the lines of a 20% Sat jump and a 25% Sun drop gets it to 204.

Problem is the previews make up a much bigger percentage of this movie's opening day than any other movie on that list.

Also previews were much bigger but they started at 7PM. For Iron Man 3 they started at 9PM. This could also be a factor. I understand your worries, because Friday (w/o Thurs previews) made less than first Avengers, but it's a bit difficult to compare just cuz it had midnights, not Thursday previews.

How is "technically" fatigue? What does that even mean, LOL. LOL you say that like F7 made chump change ww. 1.3b is a lot of money. I hardly call that fatigue.

It's all about expectations, TA2 was always going to make a lot of $. The day business on Friday barely beating IM3 is not a great sign on legs.

TA was clearly a special event that IM3 benefited from even more than TA2

Yep.

Im 3 was released the year just after Avengers.

People were still high on punny God back then ...

Yep.

Nobody here was saying this a few days ago. Pretty much everyone expected a record breaking OW

Just wanna say I've been going on about my 185 prediction for months and there are receipts with the big predictions post at the start of the ultron thread.

With this and furious 7's 140+ opening people should liiiiiisssten to meeeeeeeeeee more.

• Like 3

Also previews were much bigger but they started at 7PM. For Iron Man 3 they started at 9PM. This could also be a factor. I understand your worries, because Friday (w/o Thurs previews) made less than first Avengers, but it's a bit difficult to compare just cuz it had midnights, not Thursday previews.

It's not a worry, just doing the math and I don't see how it gets to the $210m number you expect. I think the best case is right around $200m and the worst case is $185m.

I have to be honest, i never thought there was a chance this could finish under the final gross of TDK but it seems almost certain now imo.

Not surprising considering the first Avengers barely sold more tickets than TDK

Normally I'd say that earlier and earlier Thursday previews deflate Friday evening gross and thus we end up seeing huge Saturday jumps, but given the sporting events tonight, I don't even know how well that will hold up.  Maybe it jumps up to 65-67M today and just barely hits 200M, but I'd venture on the lower end right now.  

Did we get a 3D share for Friday yet?  

I have to be honest, i never thought there was a chance this could finish under the final gross of TDK but it seems almost certain now imo.

Avengers and TDK sold about the same number of tickets so ...

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

Cough cough cough....Im repeating this for a year now.

Just wanna say I've been going on about my 185 prediction for months and there are receipts with the big predictions post at the start of the ultron thread.

With this and furious 7's 140+ opening people should liiiiiisssten to meeeeeeeeeee more.

DonnaFace3.gif

• Like 2

Is this really shocking? Many knew it would decrease by about 10-15% from the first. Not fatigue or hate but just reality. First was a mammoth sized film. This one had to go down.

• Like 6