Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Aside from the discrepancies in last night's numbers, I still have to look at the history of Marvel movies holding better than expected over the course of the weekend because of their insane family appeal. Not just Avengers, but Iron Man 3, Spider-Man 3, etc. all had strong Saturdays and/or Sundays. I'd be slightly surprised if it fell below $200m for the weekend, and I still think the record's definitely in play.

That being said... nothing wrong with lowering expectations!

Edit: For whatever it's worth, Disney is also still projecting $200-210 million. They're generally pretty accurate, but we'll see.

Nice insight bro thanks

• Like 1

It's hilarious to look at people's prediction in the AoU > DH2 OD club :rofl: :

Cap's Kooky Quartet

Snoopy of Suburbia: 110M (115M)

Warmaster506: 110M

mahnamahna: 110M
Sythus: 101M (108M)

Neo: 106M

Empire: 105M

Alucard: 101M

Ithil: 101M

JohnnyGossamer: 101M

druv10: 98M

Ray G: 98M

Infernus: 96M

Deathlife:95M

FZY: 95M

A District 3 Engineer: 95M

Blankments: 95M

Gokai Red: 92M

Johnny Storm: 100.616M (92M)

Captain Jack Sparrow

Orestes

BKB

treeroy

Shaldun

acetabulum7

Cheesy Poofs

Clef Ment

Brilliant Dynamite Neon

Ruthie

Talkie

Kalo

eXtacy

The Stingray

Seduh

Hufflepuff Badgers

Age of Robertron: 96M

Mango: 80M-85M

The Stingray

ChD

Ethan Hunt

James

Raphael Potter

Wormy

I always love it when someone's club wins and they basically come back with a suck it, shows a real maturity.

• Like 1

Aside from the discrepancies in last night's numbers, I still have to look at the history of Marvel movies holding better than expected over the course of the weekend because of their insane family appeal. Not just Avengers, but Iron Man 3, Spider-Man 3, etc. all had strong Saturdays and/or Sundays. I'd be slightly surprised if it fell below $200m for the weekend, and I still think the record's definitely in play.

Edit: For whatever it's worth, Disney is also still projecting $200-210 million. They're generally pretty accurate, but we'll see.

Welcome home.

• Like 3

Good point. Plus this movie has thrown some curveballs in OS already. I thought its crashing in korea after tuesday and it bounced back super strongly and I saw 150m prediction today !!!!

But the impact of fight and other things might affect its OW more than otherwise. Dont think IM3 faced this kind of headwind. So I think it can miss 200m though I wont be surprised if disney ensures 200m OW. But I will be surprised by OW record at this point. But you never know for sure.

• Like 2

Edit: For whatever it's worth, Disney is also still projecting $200-210 million. They're generally pretty accurate...

I didn't realize that you were the one who was writing the weekend updates for BoxOffice.com . They don't list an author. I think that's great. Also, I am glad that you explained why you are still predicting around a $200M OW.

• Like 2

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: This will barely hit 1B OS. Let alone 1.8B WW and 550M DOM.

It's going to be at nearly $500 million OS by the end of this weekend. 

And if it opens above $200 million (certainly possible considering Marvel's massive family appeal), why would $550 million be ridiculous? It's $75 million less than the first. 

I always love it when someone's club wins and they basically come back with a suck it, shows a real maturity.

It was not my club. It was Neo's. And it didn't win, it lost. Read carefully.

• Like 1

Would have beaten opening weekend record if it didn't have blacks and women in the movie. They make every film worse.

You must be even older than Tele.

• Like 1

QUESTION:  Do you guys take Forbes' Scott Mendelson's box-office thoughts and extrapolations seriously or is he a Nikki Finke type?  I'm just reading an article he just published about his thoughts on AOU's Friday numbers.

I just read it and I think it was a good reasonable take on the #s.

It's going to be at nearly $500 million OS by the end of this weekend. 

And if it opens above $200 million (certainly possible considering Marvel's massive family appeal), why would $550 million be ridiculous? It's $75 million less than the first. 

What?!!!