Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Yeah well we'd tell that dude that a what went right thread wouldn't be applicable. ;)

People can be underwhelmed or disappointed. Doesn't warrant a what went wrong thread especially if they acknowledge how strong $187 million is. It certainly does not mean the movie isn't doing fine.

Fair enough. 

Probably won't happen till Episode VIII.

Star Wars: Domestic Total Adj. Gross: $1,159,000,200

The Empire Strikes Back: Domestic Total Adj. Gross: $640,361,400

Dat franchise fatigue.

Star Wars grossed 220mil on its initial release.

Empire grossed 209mil on its initial release.

Dat fatigue indeed.

ESB would definetely deserve a WWW thread if the internet was around in 1980. :lol: Did we know if there was a boxing event that weekend to suffer such a decrease?

Nope. ;)

AoU not taking the OD record prevented #FiveExtraHours from really taking off and becoming the next great box office meme.

We'll find a way, we always do

Star Wars grossed 220mil on its initial release.

Empire grossed 209mil on its initial release.

Dat fatigue indeed.

Nope. ;)

Where ya seeing that? Mojo has 307 mil for Star Wars initial release and 209 for Empires.

TA, AOU, IM3 will have

#1,#2,#3 ALL TIME OPENING WEEKENDS 

#1,#2,#3 ALL TIME SATURDAY's

#1 #3 #9 Opening Days

#1, #2, #4 Sundays

still rings true just not in the order that I thought...

mediocre reviews and the fact that this isn't new anymore 'hurt' it.

still rings true just not in the order that I thought...

mediocre reviews and the fact that this isn't new anymore 'hurt' it.

75 critic 90 audience isn't exactly mediocre

• Like 2

Where ya seeing that? Mojo has 307 mil for Star Wars initial release and 209 for Empires.

It was actually 323mil but that was with re-releases in 78, 79, 81, and 82.

Just Google Star Wars initial box office. Its also on Wikipedia. The 220mil initial gross is also common knowledge with many fans, a lot of people tend to forget about all the re-releases that happened before Jedi came out.

Despite the fact that I have honored my loss, a little part of me died inside changing my username to this..  :ohmygod:  I will however, bounce back from this for INFINITY WAR, Even if it is 3 Years away...

No you won't. You'll bounce back with CA: Civil War and you'll do it next year!

• Like 1

My favorite thing about this weekend and Interstellar's weekend was that they were both humbling experiences for Nolanites and Marvelites after critical and box office response.

• Like 2

My favorite thing about this weekend and Interstellar's weekend was that they were both humbling experiences for Nolanites and Marvelites after critical and box office response.

Dammit Panda, it was all your club's fault.

• Like 1

Sure. In China, Furious 7 increased from $63 million to $182 million. That makes Furious 7's first two weekends in the us look like a joke.

Why can't Furious 7 increase in the United States?

Pfft. Shockingly bad.

(I think Furious 7 has done amazing in the United States but the post is intended to make a point.)

What are you talking about? What's your point? Furious 7 increased immensely in the States. My point is that Ultron's only disappointing number is the domestic one. I'm not saying Ultron is doing bad in general, but It's doing shockingly bad compared to other markets. This is a domestic thread, so I'm allowed to use the expression disappointing which is obvious in this case. 

I completely forgot about that.. I wonder how the critics will be toward that movie and the concept of it given that it'll basically be TA2.5??

We know it will have Spider-Man crossing over with Iron Man, so that should be worth something. The critics will probably like it because it will be superheroes battling each other and taking sides. Also, it will be a Captain America movie, so it won't have those Avengers expectations at the BO, which should make for an enjoyable box office run.

Edited by Walt Disney

Folks seem to enjoy the trailer...burst out laughing at this scene...

post-61501-antman-thomas-the-tank-train-

I really want to know why Thomas's eyes are moving about in the trailer.

Yeah...

Here's a brief rundown in Avengers numbers here:

Friday - 3413

Saturday - 3,080

Sunday - 2,878 - with 10 shows left today

That's super close to Saturday. May not overtake it but it is awfully close.

Despite the fact that I have honored my loss, a little part of me died inside changing my username to this.. :ohmygod: I will however, bounce back from this for INFINITY WAR, Even if it is 3 Years away...

Your username disgusts me.

I am so sorry, sir.

• Like 1