kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

30 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Yeah gonna be near impossible to find someone to replace Cruise for these. Finding a lead who's willing to do these crazy stunts for real would be extremely difficult, practically impossible when you factor in how much Cruise's star power adds to the series. The stunt-work done by Cruise is part of what makes this franchise feel so fresh nowadays. I generally stay away from the CGI vs. Practical debate, but there is obviously something special with these movies knowing Cruise does all this stuff on camera with minimal CGI work (at least compared to other tentpoles). It gives these films a great marketing hook and a tangible feel to them unlike CGI'd to hell Blockbuster #6.

Btw, this will stay very high 100s, low 200s DOM/650-750 WW. There just isn't much room for audience growth. The franchise stands a lot more to lose from a low-quality movie than it does to gain from a high-quality one. But as long as they keep pumping out great action flicks, it'll be fine and make a very consistent profit.

Starting to think this isn't gonna drop from Rogue Nation. Rogue Nation had low buzz, but Paramount seems ready to commit to marketing (considering it's their biggest franchise at this point). Should open bigger...maybe not have quite as strong of legs though.

• Like 2

Maybe it's because this year blockbuster line-up looks absolutely abysmal, but I think this looks good? Hoping it doesn't end up being as uninspired as MI5.

I do love its visual sobriety tho.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

The trailer song was bad, but I just knew the end of the trailer was gonna give me a hit of that M:I theme goodness. Don't think there is a single theme I love more. I never tire of it, which is good, because it is an all-time earworm.

The Mission Impossible is such a great theme. It's utterly cool, and easily adaptable. Anytime I hear it, I have a sudden feeling of conspiracy and urgency. Its use in these trailers is nothing short of brilliant. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

I believe Tom will diligently search for a solid replacement that will work beside him during his final M:I film. He can then step back, and be like Brocolli with the franchise. He may have a few cameos when he sees fit. I don't see him letting this go until he's near his death bed. This world of espionage has plenty of breathing room to exist beyond Hunt, and the name is not bound to titular status.

I'm sorry but Cavill can't even polish Tom's shoes. No way he would be a good replacement or anyone for that matter. Cruise is one of a kind and if he decides to longer play the character then it should end the MI franchise at least for about 10 years or so then when the dust has settled reboot it with another solid actor playing Ethan Hunt.

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1

Rumor has it Kenau Reeves is a vampire so Tom should pick Neo IMO as his successor for the MI franchise.

Problem solved, Keanu is very good at the action/fighting stuff too.

Edited by The Futurist

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Rumor has it Kenau Reeves is a vampire so Tom should pick Neo IMO as his successor for the MI franchise.

This is the craziest thing you've posted in months :winomg:

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Why the hell not? Both men share many of the same qualities. Charisma that jumps off the screen. Known to be kind to cast/crew. Give it 100 percent when it comes to the physicality of the role. Also, very fine hair.

1 minute ago, ThePhasmid said:

Why the hell not? Both men share many of the same qualities. Charisma that jumps off the screen. Known to be kind to cast/crew. Give it 100 percent when it comes to the physicality of the role. Also, very fine hair.

Well Reeve is 53, that is only 2 year's younger than Cruise, it would be a pretty a lateral move. (Except if the vampire story is true and if is vampire power is stronger than Cruise magic power to stay young)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah, TC doing crazy stunts by himself is a major attraction. I don't think there's anyone like him among younger actors. Fortunately, he doesn't age. :)

Shia-LaBeouf-2015.jpg

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Shia-LaBeouf-Taken-Hospital-Botched-Movie-Stunt-72245.html

http://www.indiewire.com/2014/10/shia-labeouf-cut-his-own-face-fought-the-cast-got-a-tooth-pulled-making-fury-271340/

• Disbelief 1