kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Tom Cruise fucking latched himself onto a plane and climbed the tallest building in the world and people are still trying to doubt that he does his own stunts.

Honestly with the way CG is nowadays I feel as if he doesn’t actually need to do all those stunts.

I have no doubt that they have stunt double on emergency call and they test things out, but it seems like Cruise does the vast majority of his stunts otherwise he's developed a far more convincing way than pretty much all other Hollywood blockbusters

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Not to mention they can digitally add his face. They did it with Jackman in Logan.

I saw an ad where Cruse is jumping out of a plane for this movie. Dude is in a big black mask for the whole thing. He doesn’t have to do this stuff.

Just now, AJG said:

I saw an ad where Cruse is jumping out of a plane for this movie. Dude is in a big black mask for the whole thing. He doesn’t have to do this stuff.

The man likes jumping outta things. Let him have his hobby.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Of course not, but there's a special thrill that comes with knowing that it's actually him. 

I agree at least for I would imagine most humans, there is reason they spend so much making us know it is actually him.

A scene like this:

200.webp

Must play quite differently to an audience that think the train was added by composition or was actually there and really doing forward.

Even just a giant battle scene like this:

0.jpg

How it would play for an audience that think they are CGI after the first 3 row versus all humans could be different.

People for who it change nothing are lucky too (if it is in the sense of not loosing value).

Face replacement over the star is getting close, but being the real same actor than the character and us knowing that it is, do change something in how it does play.

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Don't believe for a minute that Cruise...or any other star of an action movie..does all  his own stunts.That is crap.  The studio is not going to risk really serious ,permanent injury to a star. The finiancial risks are simply too high. They only do relatively safe stunts, where the worse risk is maybe a broken bone and three weeks in a cast. The really dangerous stuff they do not do.

You should watch this video in its entirety, I think you'll change your mind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Studios going nuts with the theater counts this year. 

I swear there was a lawsuit or a change in the law a year or two back that's let them really cut loose but I can't remember what it was. Maybe it's all in my head.

• Like 1

It'd be fun to see it have one of the 10 widest releases ever; M:I and M:I2 both had the highest theater counts ever at the time.

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I swear there was a lawsuit or a change in the law a year or two back that's let them really cut loose but I can't remember what it was. Maybe it's all in my head.

I believe you're referring to "clearance": https://seekingalpha.com/news/3185989-four-studios-now-honoring-theaters-exclusive-clearance-requests

Basically, AMC or Regal would get to play movies exclusively in certain markets. Not much of an issue for either company, but it did hurt smaller theater chains considerably.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

That would check out. I liked it when they were more restrained cause that usually meant higher PTAs for hyped-up releases. And shit like Nut Job 2 being given 4k theaters is just not right. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

I believe you're referring to "clearance": https://seekingalpha.com/news/3185989-four-studios-now-honoring-theaters-exclusive-clearance-requests

Basically, AMC or Regal would get to play movies exclusively in certain markets. Not much of an issue for either company, but it did hurt smaller theater chains considerably.

That's the one. Cheers.

Definitely feels like we see more 4,000+ theater counts these days.

• Like 1