kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

2 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

I have the option to see this in 3D, is it worth it? What about 2D IMAX? Or Cinemark XD with comfy recliner seats... What's the best format here?

If you're in San Franciso, you should definitely see it at the AMC Metreon IMAX. There's some action scenes that are in the IMAX format, so it'll fill up the entire screen.

2 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

I have the option to see this in 3D, is it worth it? What about 2D IMAX? Or Cinemark XD with comfy recliner seats... What's the best format here?

IMAX. it does that cool shit where the movie fills up the whole screen for action sequences.

there is a part of the movie that looks like it’s shot on a go pro and the imax makes it stand out like crazy, but it kinda makes the stunts feel more real, so it’s worth it.

7 hours ago, Alli said:

fuck. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  did i just read Rex Reed review?  he spoils an important part. fuck him. i thought he was fired.

Way back in 1969,Rex Reed panned Sam Peckinpah's "The Wild Bunch" as being a bunch of garbage. So Reed making a total Horse's Ass of himself is nothing new. I am puzzled as why this phony has lasted this long as a critic.

This is next level cinema in IMAX. Most exciting action sequences ever, so many cool set pieces to choose from. Non-stop ride with an actually quite brilliant script. It won’t get Oscar love, but there is no reason why it couldn’t do a Bourne Ultimatum or Mad Max, actually even better than them two action classics. Crowd went nuts during some of the scenes. 250m Dom/800m WW is happening. Career best numbers for Cruise.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, MrPink said:

Paramount's having a solid year so far. Granted, they've only had five releases, but guessing Annihilation was little to no loss for them, Sherlock Gnomes was a mild loss, and Book Club and Quiet Place did well for them. Especially AQP

Every studio has it's up and downs. Paramount has been in a down cycle for while, now it seem to be on the upswing again. Just a few years ago, Universal was the laughing stock of Hollywood;the studio that could not do anything right.

What is interesting is that at least two of Paramount's hits were small budgeted films that found an audience.

39 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

So this is the blockbuster that has finally tied the reviews of Harry Potter DH part 2 ?

If you are talking about a blockbuster with a RT score of 96% or above.

Furry Road, Inside Out, Black Panther, Zootopia, Gravity, 

51 minutes ago, nevermore said:

Not quite on RT. BP has 8.2/10 DH has 8.3/10

Yeah, but overall percentage is higher for BP, and metacritic BP is higher. TC is also higher for BP.

My showing is starting! Later

Edited by KJsooner

14 minutes ago, The Dark Rock said:

Hollywood reporter says $50m plus OW tracking. Rogue Nation OW adjusts to over $62m. Anything below $65m OW will be disappointing for this all things considered.

Well.... prepared to be disappointed :sparta: 

• Sad 1

I thought there was no way it would open bigger than Rogue Nation. This is just not a beloved franchise for whatever reason.

My review is, it's not my favorite. Long and weird. Some great action scenes, though. Going to see it again tomorrow in IMAX (saw it in Dolby Cinema tonight).

Right now, for me, it goes: Rogue Nation, Ghost Protocol, MI1, MI3, Fallout, MI2.