kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

One flop will not kill you if you have a good record......its a string of failures that will end your career as an A lister.

Look, everybody in Hollywood knows that there are two kinds of directors in the industry...those who have had a big flop and those who eventually will.One flop will not destroy you,two or three in row you have major problems.

Besides,Gunn can blame the Delta Covid, with some truth.

Oh I know Gunn will be fine. I meant the next Suicide Squad movie.

It will probably be canceled despite the quality of TSS.

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Disney seems to have gotten into the habit of not making much effort to keep the costs of movies under control. That might change.

Especially if the $200m budgeted Jungle Cruise opens to $25m as tracking suggests. 

Gunn already made Peacemaker for hbomax, they’ve also already had talks about other projects with him( he said that yesterday) so I’m sure there will be something else with Gunn one way or another. 

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Disney seems to have gotten into the habit of not making much effort to keep the costs of movies under control. That might change.

Disney seriously needs to keep their budgets from getting so high.

$200m for Jungle Cruise? Holy shit. Should have been $150m MAX.

20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Now 50 reviews without a rotten.

To compare with other recent cape films at 50:

Black Panther: 0
Endgame: 1
Ragnarok: 1
Civil War: 1
Wonder Woman: 2
The Avengers: 2
Shazam!: 3
Infinity War: 3

The Winter Soldier: 3
Homecoming: 4
Far From Home: 4
Guardians Vol 1: 5
Guardians Vol 2: 7

5 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

It's not really clear to me what they are at this point, but I think it's reached a really bad point where some fans of the old movies seem to actively root against the new movies. Like, why does a movie fandom has a splinter group? What a mess.

It's not like other DC fans weren't rooting against the Snyder era films back then. This fanbase was always divided.

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It's not like other DC fans weren't rooting against the Snyder era films back then. This fanbase was always divided.

They weren't? This victim complex the Snyder Cult has adopted is not healthy. The fanbase, a vast big majority of it, wants Snyder far away from the properties now, and he himself is happy with Netflix. Stop pretending fans didn't support Zack till BvS and even JL dropped.

Audiences went into JL thinking it was still a Snyder movie, and it didn't open big, which is an OW thing versus word of mouth and knowing the behind the scenes. BvS was just not received well enough for Snyder to still be a plausible leader for DC.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

People were apprehensive about Zack Snyder being the Kevin Feige of the DC movieverse before BvS was even released. MoS was a divisive movie and it caused a lot of people to be skeptical about BvS.

I don’t find it remotely surprising that WB is done working with Snyder, but I wish I had a good idea of what the hell they’re trying to do at this point. Contrary to what a lot of people liked to claim, Snyder did have a plan laid out for the DC universe. He had a clear endpoint in mind, but those plans fell apart after BvS was released. At this point though, I’m not sure if WB has any clue what direction they’re going on. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for anything. 

• Like 2