kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

34 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I mean it was expected to do way less than it could've done because of Covid/protests, but it's much less than one of the worst comic book movies ever made that did 82 mln wordwide (!) back then.

In France, you are now required to show your COVID vaccination to see a movie. This caused attendance to plummet 70% last week. I'm assuming you aren't aware of this and I hope you put this into a new perspective.

33 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I mean it was expected to do way less than it could've done because of Covid/protests, but it's much less than one of the worst comic book movies ever made that did 82 mln wordwide (!) back then.

You can't see a movie in a theater without the Healthy Pass and only the 44% of the population already have it...

5 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Guys, the France numbers are bad even considering the vaccine pass. You shouldn’t just assume people saying so are unaware of it.

What other Vax Pass movies are out to compare it with?

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You need to have had both of your vaccines to get in to the cinema in France just now.

Not entirely accurate. You need either both vaccines, be tested negative within the last 48 hours, or carry proof of recent recovery from infection with you.

Not saying this to support one argument or the other, just clarifying a misconception that seems prevalent in this thread. And the latter two are tall hurdles to clear, still.

Edited by cookie

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

Not entirely accurate. You need either both vaccines, be tested negative within the last 48 hours, or carry proof of recent recovery from infection.

Not saying this to support one argument or the other, just clarifying a misconception that seems prevalent in this thread. And the latter two are tall hurdles to clear, still.

Macron is a fucking moron!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

Macron is a fucking moron!

...And letting delta run rampant with no preventative measures would've been the smart choice?

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Skipper Eric said:

In France, you are now required to show your COVID vaccination to see a movie. This caused attendance to plummet 70% last week. I'm assuming you aren't aware of this and I hope you put this into a new perspective.

50 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You need to have had both of your vaccines to get in to the cinema in France just now. The whole box office fell 70%. Of course the numbers are low. 

45 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

You can't see a movie in a theater without the Healthy Pass and only the 44% of the population already have it...

Ok, it's a big factor, but looks like it's barely #2 and could be #3 by the end of the weekend, so if it's correct, it doesn't look good even considering all the external factors.

7 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Both JC and TSS opened in France this week or it’s second weekend for JC? 

No, it's also the first weekend for JC. Both movies got ca. 600 copies. I was a bit surprised when I saw that but probably they don't have the same target audience or at least not completely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, el sid said:

No, it's also the first weekend for JC. Both movies got ca. 600 copies. I was a bit surprised when I saw that but probably they don't have the same target audience or at least not completely.

Thanks!

I won’t comment on wether the numbers  are good or bad as I leave that to the experts from that part of the world but the actual number that came out was a lot better then I thought it would be after that first initial number. I trust the people who are saying it’s not very good but it’s still better then expected to me. Hopefully wom can help. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 2