kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Were people expecting a 90% score or something? I thought it would be doing good if it matched the first film's. Honestly I only think that the director is okay. Better than Trevorrow sure but that's easy to be. 

if each critic liked fk as much as jw, fk was always gonna end up with a lower rt score as critics are always hard on 'more of the same'. how many would really find potc4 (trash) similar to potc5 (meh) even if you disklike both, but they have similar scores as a sequel has to try harder to justify being made - that's what i observe the mindset of critics is. JW was 71% and a similar sequel was not gonna come close. GA lapped it up and pushed it above 3.1x multiplier. I hope FK can do 2.6x+.

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Will reviews matter that much for this film? As long as it doesn't go as low as the 40s I don't think it'll have a major impact on the box office. 

Lot of the previous entry business came from crazy legs. more than 3.1 with that A cinemascore that 524.4 global opening (that was an all time record at time).

Even if reviews do not affect the opening maybe it will predict weaker legs and a bad buzz building up before it reach the domestic market.

It is more using them has predictor of the word of mouth than thinking that the family audience and fanbase will care about those not so bad reviews that much.

Just now, A2k Rex said:

if each critic liked fk as much as jw, fk was always gonna end up with a lower rt score as critics are always hard on 'more of the same'. how many would really find potc4 (trash) similar to potc5 (meh) even if you disklike both, but they have similar scores as a sequel has to try harder to justify being made - that's what i observe the mindset of critics is. JW was 71% and a similar sequel was not gonna come close. GA lapped it up and pushed it above 3.1x multiplier. I hope FK can do 2.6x+.

Damn dude ease up on the swearing. 

I don't think reviews will matter for a movie like this BUT that doesn't mean this movie can be a stinker and expect to make a lot of money. Having said that reviews can be meh for this but if it's good to audiences then it doesn't really matter.

*Im talking about domestic btw 

South Korea audience ratings courtesy of Fish&chips after very few votes:

3 minutes ago, Fish&chips said:

Just approaching noon local time. 

Very early naver ratings

Netizen: 8.93/10.0 (352 votes)

Audience: 9.38/10.0 (88 votes)

For the sake of comparison:

Jurassic world (2015) Naver ratings

Netizen: 7.88/10.0 (7,795 votes)

Audience: 8.26/10.0 (18,182 votes)

FK's rating will continue falling but for early ratings it's pretty decent. 

Edited by A2k Rex
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Alli said:

Reading some reviews, the movie is not bad./ some say it's better than the first. I doubt it will drop under 1 bil

Can we stop pretending this is a first sequel and JW is an original? This is Jurassic Park 5, people. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought it was decent enough, some cool set pieces (the opening is great) but in some ways it feels like a SyFy channel sequel like those Lake Placid movies. The script really felt like it didn’t seem to know what to do. Lots of things feel rather forced, like the message (did Claire care about animal rights in the first movie?). Fun set pieces but the plot stinks, it’s also well directed. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MattW said:

Geez, now I feel obligated to add a pessimistic prediction to the mix.

115/275 Dom

225 China

450 the rest

That’s not simply pessimistic, if you ask @Brainbug, that’s a disastrous scenario lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mekanos said:

It's funny because every time early reviews come in people think a score will go up/stabilize even though 9 times out of 10 it goes down from the initial score.

Yeah. I don't get why people cling to that fantasy.

Just now, Mekanos said:

It's funny because every time early reviews come in people think a score will go up/stabilize even though 9 times out of 10 it goes down from the initial score.

The one recent one that did stabilize was Solo. With DP2 it went as far down as 81% and then went all the way up to 88% before crashing back down to 83% and it's since been there so that one was rare in that it actually went back up quite a bit before stabilizing back down. IW also started in the 90s and then high 80s and then stabilized at 83%. 

But you can also get a sense of where a movie is going to be based on its average rating and looking on MC. That's typically where I get an idea of how a movie is gonna do 

• Like 1