kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

10 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

Barely average movie. Way less than JW1.

The movie sticks to the story and it should had strong writing , instead it had medicore writing (way lot of dumb , absurd & silly scenes , particularly one scene was just godawful)

paltry direction.

Performances were decent.

Finally that Color Palette was pretty bad.

In India , online ticket selling site bookmyshow currently has it  at 78% , which indicates average response. 

Average critic reviews on this site is 2.3/5 indicates pretty bad.Part1 was at 3.2/5.

The irony is strong here :lol:

2 hours ago, A2k Rex said:

amazing that they kept a sub-200 prod budget

That would be a strange business decision imo, sequel of a 1.6b franchise movie, is it a good time to try to skeeze a bit more money ? Go for the giant spectacle...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

That would be a strange business decision imo, sequel of a 1.6b franchise movie, is it a good time to try to skeeze a bit more money ? Go for the giant spectacle...

To be fair all Jurassic movies had a lower budget than one would expect 

• Like 1

Just now, Barnack said:

Spoiler

yeah, and an absence of which seems to be a complain across a few reviews i read.

6 minutes ago, scoobysaurus said:

using prod budgets from mojo and gap between movies:

jp1 63

jp2 73 (+16%) ; 4 years ; 2.5m/year ; 4%/year

jp3 93 (+27%) ; 7 years ; 2.9m/year ; 3.9%/year

jp4 150 (+61%) ; 14 years ; 4.1m/year ; 4.4%/year

jp5 170 (+13%) ; 3 years ; 6.7m/year ; 4.3%/year

Edited by A2k Rex
  • Thanks 1

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-14 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

13.92%

Total Seats Sold Today:      59

.2287x as many tickets sold as Infinity War after 9 days of pre-sales. [starting tomorrow this will no longer be tracked]

.1838x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 14 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.5116x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 14 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales)  [I don't have info for day one of pre-sales for BP]

.5623x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  14 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) [Some theaters also went on sale early for DP2]

.4374x as many tickets sold as Solo 14 days before release pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scoobysaurus said:

Quite true I think, this one did shoot quite a bit in the UK it seem, maybe we will have a better idea than the previous one.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Quite true I think, this one did shoot quite a bit in the UK it seem, maybe we will have a better idea than the previous one.

Well all the non-Island stuff was  done in Studios in England yes.

I'm not sure Jurassic Park should be an every couple years franchise.  I'm only saying that in terms of records/expectations.  Obviously it's going to make a ton of money again but I think the main reason the last one exploded the way it did is because the franchise went away for a while and then delivered the goods... a fun action-packed spectacle.   It was nostalgia combined with being a solid sequel. 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I'm not sure Jurassic Park should be an every couple years franchise.  I'm only saying that in terms of records/expectations.  Obviously it's going to make a ton of money again but I think the main reason the last one exploded the way it did is because the franchise went away for a while and then delivered the goods... a fun action-packed spectacle.   It was nostalgia combined with being a solid sequel. 

jw2 is looking at 7x it's prod budget ww even if it under-performs dom and does sub-300 in china :

275 china + 360 dom (144 * 2.5x) + 555 os-china (-30% from jw1's 790) = 1190 (7*170).

even deadpool2 won't manage 7x it's 110 prod budget. not having this sequel is a tough argument to make from a business standpoint. they will use these profits to fuel so much of their creativity and employement.

Edited by A2k Rex

Just out of watching JW:FK. The script is terrible, the acting ranges from wooden to troll 2 shrieks to cringy beta male play acting. The story is stupid and the villains are literally caricatures. All these things make the attempt to layer an emotional undertone with the background music jarring.

Well the dinosaurs look good, so there is that.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Istealnames said:

Just out of watching JW:FK. The script is terrible, the acting ranges from wooden to troll 2 shrieks to cringy beta male play acting. The story is stupid and the villains are literally caricatures. All these things make the attempt to layer an emotional undertone with the background music jarring.

Well the dinosaurs look good, so there is that.

Stupid story

Medicore script
Dinsoaurs & action part Gud

That sums up.

Oh dear, that self-righteous dino-hipster chick was so insufferable (and the nerd wimp was useless as well), they made Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard come across like Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall...(And that's a feat because I hated JW partly because their characters were douchey and mediocre walking cliches).

I sense a pattern about Trevorrow's scripts...Writing unlikable characters that are supposed to be the endearing protagonists when you only want them to be eaten alive every time they open their piehole. That takes some talent...I guess.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Haha 2