kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

2 hours to go! 

I’ve only seen JP3 once and can’t remeber liking it at all. 

The last time I watched Lost World I was still a kid and used to enjoy it. 

Jurassic Park and Jurassic World are fantastic though. 

Excited for this one. 

JP2 was probably my first major letdown at the cinema. JP1 was essentially my Star Wars experience but the sinking feeling I got as its sequel trudged along was palpable. Conversely, I had no such excitement for JW and it didn't even meet those low expectations. 😀

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Regardless of anything else, the low point is Jurassic Park III. Blockbusters dont get worse than JP3. Its a pure abomination and amazingly mainly because of 1 scene @aabattery

JP3 is a much better movie than this. It was harmless, fun and well-directed adventure movie. JW:FK is almost Uwe Boll level shit in the second half, my eyes were almost bleeding while watching it.

• Sad 1

My problem with most of JP sequels, with JW being the absolute worst offender is that they’re B-movies but totally played pretend that they’re not.

B-movie only works when the creators and people involved embraced it for what it is, go all out and have fun with it. 

• Like 1

Distractingly dumb at times but entertaining while it lasts, even in the second act could’ve trimmed some fat.

Maybe third in the series after JP1 and World but better than 3/Lost World.

It’s true. There’s lots of really awful writing in this. Some really stupid stuff and tons of things that just should be so much better that there’s no excuse really. 

BUT.....it is pretty damn entertaining. 

Good enough to be associated with the 25 year old classic? Absolutely not. 

A good enough summer movie with some genuine thrills - certainly. 

In all honesty, its a very flawed movie. The script is terrible and the plot cant be really found. But i dont care at all. I loved every single second of it. Its tremendous entertainment. Ill watch it at least 5 times in cinema.

• Like 4

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Watching JP3 right now. Don't see how @aabattery could hate this so much. There's a bit where sam neill and some kid are wandering the island alone and it's for sure where taika got the idea for wilderpeople.

I hate it too and the reason isnt Sam Neill or the kid, they're both fine. Its this one scene:

It completely tanks the movie for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Yo now I'm watching the making of  JP3 on the DVD and everyone's talking so much shit about the T. rex. Just so disrespectful. Theyre dunking on him like we dunk on Han.

Good think he saves the day in the next one!