K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Treeth Simanton, on 14 Jun 2015 - 3:24 PM, said:

You're not alone. I was thinking around 175-180M for the OW on Thursday, but I dropped it all the way down to 130 as the Americans on the board were all predicting 100-125, and I figured they are more likely to be right given that I don't live in the US.

But oh well, it's just numbers :) don't worry too much about it.

Yes, now we all saw a big opening coming but never said anything :lol: Hell, I have put the movie in a poll about which movie would break Avengers OW record.

Edited by CJohn

So... why is thenumbers the only site reporting that 204m estimate? :wtf:

Because it's fake and they likely made it up for clicks?

EDIT: Or not. Universal is just trolling Disney with the lowball.

Edited by PDC1987

My reaction has nothing to do with what you think it does.  You somehow think Jurassic Park is my favourite series of films.  They're not even in my top 10 for best trilogies.  

My facepalm stuff is because RTH has reported the 70 number something three times now.  So we trust him and that's why I don't understand people like Lordmandeep, a veteran of this site, asking if Deadline is more accurate than RTH.

Get it?  

I agree with you, but even RTH bases his numbers on estimates, estimates that can go down, even for Friday, let alone Saturday. And I wasn't referring to the fact that JW is your fav franchise, just that you are so stubborn with this whole situation. Theres always margin for error. :)

• Like 1

Who are the highest predictors in Baumer's game? I put 290 M. lol

I just looked through all the lists and I believe I was highest with 374M. I may have misread someone's though.

I don't think it makes a difference since I had Avengers above JW anyway.

Deadline:

"As more receipts solidified this AM, it turns out Saturday was even bigger than expected with $69.7M-70.8M per insider B.O. tracking reports."

RTH reported 70 basically at the same time Deadline reported 66.8...dumb SOB's.

Deadline is pretty much using RTH's numbers now! :P:ph34r:

"$207.4 million launch of The Avengers in May 2012 (many believe Jurassic Park would have come in slightly ahead of the first Avengers were it not for Sunday Nights' NBA championship game)."

They are just guessing are Universal, being very conservative. I think the records going!

• Like 1