K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

It'd be a shame to come that close to the record without breaking it... :lol:..

TA made that much on SAT because of it's amazing WOM. I'm not sure if that's the case for JW just yet.

So far, JW actually did more day business then TA1 did, so I think this will be massive with families. Toss out all rules about June. Don't need them anymore. 

• Like 1

I think Inside Out and Jurassic World are really going to eat into each other. We're looking at IO as a blockbuster opening right after a $200m opener, but a potentially strong hit has never opened after a blockbuster. Even with Father's Day, I'd be shocked if JW dropped less than 55%.

Besides, the 100% on Rotten Tomatoes is going to turn some heads undeniably.

I LOVE THESE NUMBERS!   JUST WOW!!!!

Shawn is loving it too!

Not only are early box office reports for #JurassicWorld stunningly excellent, the movie itself is *tremendous* fun. My fan heart is happy.

— Shawn Robbins (@ShawnRobbinsWho) June 13, 2015

Relative to my own predictions, this is without question more shocking than any opening weekend in recent memory. Maybe ever.

A possible $200m? Maybe the all-time record? For a fourth movie in a franchise not named Star Wars?

Just stunning.

So you made it after all! Haha  :)  :D

Edited by Ash

Just be happy/lucky if it gets $400m. It's not jumping $100m+ from MJ1.

For what it s worth, every Hunger Games movie was badly predicted under wrong assumptions.

The 3 movies, each time, for different reasons.

Kids come for the dinos, Dads come for Chris Pratt, Mom comes for Girl Power (the dinos, and maybe for Bryce Dallas), Geeks come for the whole package. The ultimate summer movie. If it is a simple formula, why No. 3 is such a lackluster effort? Too much of a thriller, an atmosphere of mean-spiritedness that permeates throughout.

Moms also do that... :ph34r:

• Like 3

Inflation and a tiny bump from THG/CF admissions will get it there.

MJ2 should do 375m or 400m, before we even start to think about 450m.

I personally think, that this won't have a big jump. HG and CF just had the better selling point with the Hunger Games in it and MJ was by far the worst book, I hope they at least try to not finish it on that depressing note Collins did with the book, that would kill every chance for it.

MJ2 should do 375m or 400m, before we even start to think about 450m.

I personally think, that this won't have a big jump. HG and CF just had the better selling point with the Hunger Games in it and MJ was by far the worst book, I hope they at least try to not finish it on that depressing note Collins did with the book, that would kill every chance for it.

They're not going to change up the ending that much, they've been really faithful with the adaptation so far.

It be odd this could beat the opening weekend record without setting any daily record.

I see the Sunday Record going down more likley then Saturday. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Where did these June rules come from? Ghostbusters II, B89, Returns, JP1, Batman Forever all broke the OW record in June.

The record was broken twice in the same June ffs

Edited by cory

Kids come for the dinos, Dads come for Chris Pratt, Mom comes for Girl Power (the dinos, and maybe for Bryce Dallas), Geeks come for the whole package. The ultimate summer movie. If it is a simple formula, why No. 3 is such a lackluster effort? Too much of a thriller, an atmosphere of mean-spiritedness that permeates throughout.

Nope @ Bryce Dallas. She could have been replaced with any actress and no one would care. Everyone came for the dinosaurs. 

• Like 5