K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

They're so full of shit. On TA2's opening weekend they mentioned something about the A Cinemascore leading to a $650m total. It was already way more frontloaded than the first one on opening weekend and the first one had an A+ with a 623 total. Where in holy hell did the 650 for TA2 come from, lol.

That was hilarious

Now the question is, how high can these superheros fly? Avengers turned around a 3x multiple of its bow for a final stateside cume of $623.4M — and that’s off an A+ CinemaScore which typically carries an average 4.8x multiple. Ultron earned an A, which typically translates into a 3.6x multiple, which would put the sequel well north of $650M using that B.O. yardstick.

They were predicting a 3.6x which even the first Avengers didn't get.

This week's great bit of reporting

While those films with A CinemaScores typically churn out a 3.6 average multiple in regards to their opening to final cume; gargantuan bows like this are a different animal. In fact, their multiples are much lower, read Furious 7, which also got an A, bowed to $147.2M and produced a 2.4X with a domestic cume of $350M. Man of Steel, the previous June opening champ,  earned an A- and posted a 2.5X with a $116.6M FSS and a final $291M.

• Like 1

They're so full of shit. On TA2's opening weekend they mentioned something about the A Cinemascore leading to a $650m total. It was already way more frontloaded than the first one on opening weekend and the first one had an A+ with a 623 total. Where in holy hell did the 650 for TA2 come from, lol.

they were smking eeeew weed martin lawrence would say my friend. Red this insane. What if gets a 63-65m sunday lol

13% drop might be a bit generous.

Even with a 20% drop of course, it looks crazy.

Sunday in summer plus spillover will help buoy the drop. 13% drop is definitely doable.

Wtf. Insane. Similar to the latest update from Australia too JW posted 5.4m AUD. Which is the biggest Saturday ever (previous was dh2) and 5th biggest single day of all time in the local market! Looking like 15.5m+++ weekend (from RTH) down under (AOU did 15.7m). Top 2 OW are still new moon (16.1m) and dh2 (18m)

Edited by Jajang and Back Again
  • Like 3

I love the entire JP series(yes, both TLW and JP3, just not nearly on the level of the first...obviously) so I'm totally fine with a non-SH film franchise taking back the crown it once held. It makes me feel as if all is right with the world. ;)

The dinosaurs can eat the superheroes, so yep it feels like order is restored.