K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

lol one movie maybe taking the OW record, and the movie being Jurassic World, does not mean superhero movies are underdogs.

The studios and the fans are arrogant, incessant and annoyingly immature. 

I hope the downfall continues, because, as you have even said, as bad as Iron Man 3, Ultron and the rest are, people keep showing up and loving them. The quality has continuously dropped and yet all the fanboys are imperceptible to the differences. Going with an unpopular opinion, neither Captain America nor Guardians of the Galaxy, as beloved as they are were that great either. Beat by beat by beat they went and Americans fell in love with them again and again. It's a cultural thing. How can one put much trust in American critic or audience reviews for Marvel movies when both types are fresh, both are recommended?

Not even Pixar managed that when their movies went a little sour (though the Academy went along ignorantly). 

Scorching hot take.

Ok, everybody knows I'm not a fan of Marvel, but what's up with the JP succes making people say Marvel is not THAT profitable? It is MUCH more profitable than JP will ever be, it's really that simple. I seriously don't get it. And SH movie becoming underdogs? LOL, what? As much as I hate to say it (and I really do hate to say it!) the SH franchises control todays market. The fact that one other franchise managed to beat one of them on OW in the US is just a small part in the grand scheme of things.

Dragons and NBA will kill dreams.

NBA would have been a big issue if one of the teams had a chance at clinching tomorrow. People like to watch games more when they feel a champion can be crowned than otherwise.

1.  JURASSIC WORLD 210M

2. MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS 207M

whedon+sad.jpg

o-KEVIN-FEIGE-facebook.jpg

Since Ike doesn't like his picture taken I'm going with Stan the Man instead.

stan-lee-1.jpg

And of course the Mouse.

f05bf465e25e70a0aaa002b683cf485b.jpg

Actually the Mouse will be making this face for the rest of the year.

Yes they've taken a hit after "Tomorrowland" and both Avengers could fall on the all time charts (Dom/WW) to Jurassic Park/Furious 7 but Disney still has "Inside Out, Their own Dino movie "Good Dino" and Episode VII.  They can still comeback but give Universal their props.  They are just on fire right now. 

I think we could be looking at the all-time biggest weekend ticket seller, though we just need it to reach 75ish tonight to have a really good chance. Hopefully the NBA/Thrones crap on Sunday night doesn't hurt too much. One thing JP4 has going for it in the ticket argument is kids just like SM3/TA1. It appeals to everyone.

lol one movie maybe taking the OW record, and the movie being Jurassic World, does not mean superhero movies are underdogs.

The studios and the fans are arrogant, incessant and annoyingly immature. 

I hope the downfall continues, because, as you have even said, as bad as Iron Man 3, Ultron and the rest are, people keep showing up and loving them. The quality has continuously dropped and yet all the fanboys are imperceptible to the differences. Going with an unpopular opinion, neither Captain America nor Guardians of the Galaxy, as beloved as they are were that great either. Beat by beat by beat they went and Americans fell in love with them again and again. It's a cultural thing. How can one put much trust in American critic or audience reviews for Marvel movies when both types are fresh, both are recommended?

Not even Pixar managed that when their movies went a little sour (though the Academy went along ignorantly). 

You know movies like GOTG and CATWS, also made a good amount of money overseas, right?

Ok, everybody knows I'm not a fan of Marvel, but what's up with the JP succes making people say Marvel is not THAT profitable? It is MUCH more profitable than JP will ever be, it's really that simple. I seriously don't get it. And SH movie becoming underdogs? LOL, what? As much as I hate to say it (and I really do hate to say it!) the SH franchises control todays market. The fact that one other franchise managed to beat one of them on OW in the US is just a small part in the grand scheme of things.

It's just what happens. Many Marvelites went on the most annoying rants about Marvel's success and other studios' failures when they were on top. It's deserved in many ways. So the cycle goes

• Like 2