kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

19 minutes ago, bitterturdtalkin said:

wtf is wrong with you losers? are you so sad and unimportant in life you hate on silly actors? I think you need to quit posting about the amount of money movies make and go out and get lives, maybe discover that you have talent for something, you never know

I'm fine being someone who don't do drugs and don't beat women

7 hours ago, RandomJC said:

It worked before, should work again just fine.

The 1974 cast was insane

The book was made into a 1974 movie, which is considered one of the most successful cinematic adaptations of Christie's work ever. The film starred Albert Finney as Poirot, Martin Balsam as M. Bianchi, George Coulouris as Dr. Constantine, Richard Widmark as Cassetti, and an all-star cast of suspects including Sean Connery (Arbuthnot), Lauren Bacall (Mrs. Hubbard), Anthony Perkins (McQueen), John Gielgud (Beddoes), Michael York (Count Andrenyi), Jean-Pierre Cassel (Pierre Michel), Jacqueline Bisset (Countess Andrenyi), Wendy Hiller (Princess Dragomiroff), Vanessa Redgrave (Mary Debenham), Rachel Roberts (Hildegard Schmidt), Colin Blakely (Hardman), Denis Quilley (Foscarelli), and Ingrid Bergman, who won the 1974 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Greta Ohlsson.

They should get Vanessa Redgrave back for a role though I guess Dame Judi will be playing Princess Dragomiroff

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the '74 version. Albert Finney played Poirot excellently. 

Speaking of which, @Jake Gittes, I finally got around to watch the Russian version of And Then There Were None. I liked it a lot. Actings were pretty solid all around, and I especially loved the theatrical atmosphere that was set and kept up with throughout the whole movie.

I'm not the type that's obsessed about movie adaptations having to follow their sources to the T, but in the case of this classic AC novel, it's neat to finally see a version that kept true to the original book ending.

Thanks again for the recommendation :) 

1 hour ago, Sam said:

I really enjoyed the '74 version. Albert Finney played Poirot excellently. 

Speaking of which, @Jake Gittes, I finally got around to watch the Russian version of And Then There Were None. I liked it a lot. Actings were pretty solid all around, and I especially loved the theatrical atmosphere that was set and kept up with throughout the whole movie.

I'm not the type that's obsessed about movie adaptations having to follow their sources to the T, but in the case of this classic AC novel, it's neat to finally see a version that kept true to the original book ending.

Thanks again for the recommendation :) 

You're welcome! Glad to hear you dug it. And the original ending definitely works best in this case. 

• Like 2

Here for Ms. Pfeiffer playing Mrs. Hubbard (though some of the other castings are solid too)

10 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

You're welcome! Glad to hear you dug it. And the original ending definitely works best in this case. 

Want a new star-studded remake just for the possibility of Emma Stone playing Vera Claythorne (preferably with original ending)

• Like 2