kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

i'm NOOOOOing about the fact that i was looking forward to this and now it's ruined because i just found out johnny depp is going to be in it. (he's a proven domestic abuser and i therefore hate him and everyone should too, he shouldn't be getting roles at all.) not only that but i love daisy ridley and now an opportunity to stan her in something i was already looking forward to is tainted, as is my faith in her because she's doing a movie with johnny depp in it. idk, maybe she didn't know he would be in it when she was auditioning, i hope she didn't. but all-in-all if you took johnny depp out of this i would be SOOOO excited for so many reasons-- train movie, period mystery movie with diverse cast, daisy ridley-- and it's all ruined because of him. at least he's gonna die early in the movie but i still have a horrible feeling in my stomach about all these people working with him after what he did

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, water said:

i'm NOOOOOing about the fact that i was looking forward to this and now it's ruined because i just found out johnny depp is going to be in it. (he's a proven domestic abuser and i therefore hate him and everyone should too, he shouldn't be getting roles at all.) not only that but i love daisy ridley and now an opportunity to stan her in something i was already looking forward to is tainted, as is my faith in her because she's doing a movie with johnny depp in it. idk, maybe she didn't know he would be in it when she was auditioning, i hope she didn't. but all-in-all if you took johnny depp out of this i would be SOOOO excited for so many reasons-- train movie, period mystery movie with diverse cast, daisy ridley-- and it's all ruined because of him. at least he's gonna die early in the movie but i still have a horrible feeling in my stomach about all these people working with him after what he did

I don't disagree, but

Spoiler

he's going to be the murder victim so I have less of a problem with it.

...Which you already said. So I guess I just don't disagree!

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

https://variety.com/2016/film/news/josh-gad-johnny-depp-murder-on-the-orient-express-1201895759/

Josh Gad joins as Hector MacQueen. So I presume his character will be be comic relief in this version.

uhhhhhhhhhh i'm trying real hard to root for this one but i feel like i'm being tested. 

• Like 7

Old:

Lauren Bacall, Ingrid Bergman, Jacqueline Bisset, Colin Blakely, Sean Connery, John Gielgud, Anthony Perkins, Vanessa Redgrave, and Michael York.

New:

Johnny Depp, Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench, Michelle Pfeiffer, Michael Pena, and “Hamilton” star Leslie Odom Jr., Josh Gad

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Old:

Lauren Bacall, Ingrid Bergman, Jacqueline Bisset, Colin Blakely, Sean Connery, John Gielgud, Anthony Perkins, Vanessa Redgrave, and Michael York.

New:

Johnny Depp, Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench, Michelle Pfeiffer, Michael Pena, and “Hamilton” star Leslie Odom Jr., Josh Gad

definite downgrade. branagh and pfeiffer are the only exciting names for me. hell even the david suchet tv version had a better cast imo w/ toby jones, jessica chastain and barbara hershey.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

On 8/4/2016 at 1:58 PM, CoolioD1 said:

i feel like we're gonna get a real basic cast for this. like how for years people talked about how the mag 7 remake was gonna be some all-star deal and it's 50% nobodies.

6 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Old:

New:

Coolio called it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

definite downgrade. branagh and pfeiffer are the only exciting names for me. hell even the david suchet tv version had a better cast imo w/ toby jones, jessica chastain and barbara hershey.

LOL I was gonna post that cast list as well. But come on now, Judi Dench is no lightweight.  But the rest I agree with.