Asyulus

CIVIL WAR OS | $744M OS | $1.15B WW

Wow, that is quite a horrible drop after the already horrible drop from last week. Funny how the projections for this went from beating AoU to under 800m. At this point, with X-Men entering the marketing in 2-3 days and then Alice, I think under 800m is happening for sure.  

CW is ~20m behind IM3 and had a smaller weekend (84 vs 89). So I would assume that gap will increase further.

If CW's OS ends up 30m behind IM3, it will need to make up for that amount dom to match IM3's ww.

30 + 409 = 439m

776 os, 439 dom would give 1215 ww, same as IM3.

dom imo is looking at 415-420.

776/415-420/1191-1196

Maybe my dom is pessimistic. It needs ~425m dom to make it to 1.2b ww. I don't see OS catching up to iM3. Confident that it will end up ~30m behind. Possibly 35m behind, requiring 430m dom to get 1.2b.

Edited by a2knet

Iron Man 3 OS less China

Apr 26: 198.4

May 5: 435.6 (+237.2)

May 12: 566.88 (+131.28)

May 19: 625.25 (+58.37)

Cap3 OS less China

May 1: 200.4

May 8: 397.53 (+197.13)

May 15: 488.29 (+91.16)

So yeah, the drop this weekend without China is actually significantly worse than Iron Man 3 (53.75% versus 44.65%).  IM3's 4th weekend overseas had a bigger drop though (55.5%) so we'll see if Cap3 can bend the curve a little and gain back some ground.

23 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Dubbing sucks hard balls is what I'm saying. :apocalypse:

I fully agree. It just strange when the lips are not sync with the voice.

However, I found a few exceptions for animation movies. It is of course a matter of personal taste, but I found that some dubbing worked very well, even better than the original voice (Tangled & Zootopia for example).

On 5/15/2016 at 11:26 AM, Fullbuster said:

Don't think so, Iron Man quite lost some fans with IM3 that was very divisive..........

Huh, a very divisive film that CACW is now having trouble keeping up with and will likely fall under in the long run.

I'm thinking at best CACW will do 1.1B in the end, assuming that it doesn't drop any harder than it's been dropping in the subsequent weeks.

8 minutes ago, pensivepenguin said:

Huh, a very divisive film that CACW is now having trouble keeping up with and will likely fall under in the long run.

I'm thinking at best CACW will do 1.1B in the end, assuming that it doesn't drop any harder than it's been dropping in the subsequent weeks.

CW is only $158m away from $1.1b at this moment.

2 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

CW is only $158m away from $1.1b at this moment.

Good.  Ugh, I just wanna be wrong.  I feel like this film deserves as much money as it could make and it disappoints me a little that it's sort of not meeting even my personal modest expectations (which itself was swayed by the crazy predictions that I saw others make).

17 minutes ago, pensivepenguin said:

Good.  Ugh, I just wanna be wrong.  I feel like this film deserves as much money as it could make and it disappoints me a little that it's sort of not meeting even my personal modest expectations (which itself was swayed by the crazy predictions that I saw others make).

Eh, I can kinda see why this doesn't play as well to international audiences as AOU or Iron Man 3.

16 hours ago, moviesRus said:

Eh, I can kinda see why this doesn't play as well to international audiences as AOU or Iron Man 3.

If you take ER changes into account, I think it's doing much better than Iron Man 3. It's falling harder, true, but I think that's the inevitable nature of a franchise that releases a sequel or two every year.

18 hours ago, pensivepenguin said:

Did you hear about exchange rates? They were much more advantageous when IM3 came out..

1.150b is a lock. And am not throwing the word "lock" around, it's really a lock.

296 dom  + 647 os = 943 ww as of Sunday.

So 207m away from 1.150b.

Even if it does 400m dom, needs only 103m more OS to touch 1.150b.

Considering it had an 84m weekend, 103m more OS will surely happen.

So will 104m more it needs for 400m dom.

So at the very minimum, 400/750/1.150 will happen.

realistically, dom should cross 415 at least. OS minimum is 765m. Can't see less than 1.180b.

1.2b is certainly not locked.

edit: if i had to bet, would go for 1.187-1.193b

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Quigley said:

If you take ER changes into account, I think it's doing much better than Iron Man 3. It's falling harder, true, but I think that's the inevitable nature of a franchise that releases a sequel or two every year.

I have some friends in Europe who want to see it but have a hard time finding a theater playing the non-dubbed version. I think that does kind of hurt a movie like Civil War that's more of a slow build/mystery.

27 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

And worldwide. Will become the #1 movie of the year either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Domestic:  $300,717,303    31.4%
Foreign:  $656,400,000    68.6%

Worldwide:  $957,117,303  

Isn't tomorrow Wednesday? :P

• Like 1

@Purple Minion

I think "Today or tomorrow" would have been a better thing to say yesterday in relation to Monday's figures :P Tomorrow always refers to the following day. In that case, you could have said "yesterday's tomorrow or (today's) tomorrow/Wednesday" or even "the tomorrow of yesterday or the yesterday of Thursday" but at this point I'm just being technical and annoying.:lol:

Edited by Arlo245