vc2002

Thursday numbers: IO 7.7,JW 6.8,TG 6.3, MM2 5.7 (Gopher strikes again)

It's not like if it was R it would be performing better lol. If you add gore on a few scenes and another f-bomb it doesn't change much. The whole PG-13/R stuff is just nonsense. Majority of americans just don't want to pay to see Arnold as a lead in a movie anymore. That is why the movie is struggling the way it is, even as a Terminator movie. That said more of Arnold older fans will be out over the weekend. So I do expect a increase. But If they were going to go with 155 million dollar PG-13 action movie like they did. They should have casted a big name younger actor to co-lead this with Arnold. Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke and Jai Courtney aren't going to get butts in the seats. This movie needed another attraction to go along with Arnold for it to sell the way they wanted it too.

You weren't saying any of this a few days ago. You were pretty certain that Arnold would draw in enough interest for $135M+

• Like 3

My predictions

Fri             WK

IO        12.5           31.5

JW       11.3             30

TG        8.8              22

MM       7.7              18.5

Edited by bladels

wow 3th WE with IO and JW neck to neck , amazing!

my WE predictions / top 2 :

1/ JW : 31

2/ IO : 30.5

fourth top spot by JW by a single hair this time lol :)

next WE, Minions will eat everything

Edited by TacoBell

Having an in-built audience this should have worse legs.

I can't believe Publice Enemies actually had decent WOM. It's really awful in many many ways. 70% on Metacritic? 68% on RT? LOL

When was the last time the same top 2 dominated a summer BO for three straight weeks?

I think IO will win this one, but it's gonna be interesting to watch. JW lost IMAX and over 400 screens whereas IO added screens this week, so IO has the clear advantage.

In any case, whichever one takes the weekend, both of them deserve their continued successful reign over the boxoffice, so I'm happy however this turns out.

When was the last time the same top 2 dominated a summer BO for three straight weeks?

Turtles and Guardians went back and forth for five straight weeks last year.

Edited by C00k13
  • Like 1

fourth of july weekend has been such a bummer these past few years. Should have put Minions, Pixels or MI:5 there, i dont know why studios scheduled so many releases at the end of july.

TED 2 should not have had it's release date to itself either.

to be honest with TED 2, they should've moved that A Million Ways To Die In The West a year different like TED comes out 2014 and Millon Ways this year.

But doesn't this holiday weekend affect he boxoffice badly? I mean on the holyday it self their aren't many people who go to the film.. I mean this weekend will be worst for JW and IO than a normal weekend would have been.

But doesn't this holiday weekend affect he boxoffice badly? I mean on the holyday it self their aren't many people who go to the film.. I mean this weekend will be worst for JW and IO than a normal weekend would have been.

Yea, it'll be worse for all movies on Saturday. But the Friday will be good and they'll rebound some on Sunday.

Plus, it means next weekends drops will not be as much as they would normally be, though Minions might affect that for certain movies.