grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

14 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Weird that people are already counting out Lion King with 180-230 tracking. If it opens for 230+ Beauty and the Beast is done.

I’m not counting out TLK. Even if it does +25% BatB I think people will appreciate BatB hugeness more then than now.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’m not counting out TLK. Even if it does +25% BatB I think people will appreciate BatB hugeness more then than now.

Exactly. Apart from TLK or TLM, no Disney remake in the next 15 years will top it.

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

The idea that critics have an agenda in a way 'ordinary folks' don't when it comes to consuming movies is one the great conspiracy theories of this board that refuses to die. 

If "making money" is an agenda then don't we all live by an agenda?
#bestconspiracytheory

4 hours ago, I Am said:

Based on commentary here and other places, I'm starting to think it's one of those extremely mediocre movies that people claim to like because the "girlz rool boyz drool" factor is super high. If that's the case, then Disney should've taken the "Maleficent" route and made a Jasmine movie, instead of trying to remake one of the best animated movies of all time.

After "Beauty and the Beast," I wouldn't have been nearly as excited to see such a film, but I would have anticipated it much, much more than an unnecessary live action remake with a reportedly drab titular character and a supposedly horrific rendition of Disney's greatest animated villain.

Someone thread-ban this mofo already, he's spinning out of control and can hurt himself.

Friendly Shay intervention:

1. F*CK your animated Aladdin real good.

2. Go see the real world Aladdin.

3. Only then you may talk about it.

4. Animated Aladdin was always a beloved movie for me too, it started my proverbial love for Arabian fantasy.

5. That is exactly why I wanted to see the new one so much. And the opposite reaction is pretty unhealthy.

6. On top of all that the new movie is magnificent and works perfectly both as a standalone movie and as compared to the animated one.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I shouldn't even be replying to such an ignorant trolling post, however I will take this as an opportunity to say the best thing about this movie is that Aladdin and Jasmine both have an equally important role to play. They didn't expand Jasmine's role at the expense of detracting from Aladdin's. It only made everything stronger and led to a movie where the female and male protagonists are equally significant to the plot. 

I like the twisting of my words.

A great many people are saying Mena Massoud is boring. Since Jasmine is clearly the "star" of the movie, then she should have had her own movie instead of a remake that casts a bland Aladdin.

• Knock It Off 2

The guy who skydives into every thread about a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie to bash and trash the movies with the most insignificant and petty of complaints is calling for me to be threadbanned, because I have legitimate reasons to dislike his cherished Disney remakes. L.o.l.

• Knock It Off 2

8 minutes ago, I Am said:

The guy who skydives into every thread about a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie to bash and trash the movies with the most insignificant and petty of complaints is calling for me to be threadbanned, because I have legitimate reasons to dislike his cherished Disney remakes. L.o.l.

That’s just childish. 🙎🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, I Am said:

L.o.l.

Teacher's pet Timmy? Is that you in the first row in class holding your arm up? Did the teacher hurt you that day long time ago?:/

or is that how your first and only date ended with you calling for a cab and giving a middle finger to the lucky lady?

TTVOMJ

6 hours ago, Valonqar said:

super happy for Will (had to put up with all the mocking of genie even though photoshoot =/= movie look), Naomi (lots of twitter hate cause she didn't check the right boxes) and Mena (ditto). Well done! Success = best revenge :hi5:

Don't forget Guy Ritchie!! He got it all:

1. best Disney remake ever

2. his best movie ever (and I ADORE his Sherlock Holmes!)

3. his career soaring and a very nice meal ticket

And just remember where he was a couple of days ago - at least in the eyes of the Hate Herd (the bigger part of the audience AND CRITICS!, unable to think and analyze - and just stampede-riding the latest hate narrative like mindless herd animals).

Edited by shayhiri

Aladdin has done more than just good money at the box office (I say good not great quite yet). Whatever it makes, it has renewed a love for that story and the characters. Not saying that people would forget the classic animated version. But you wonder if remakes that are not well received can actually damage the classics' popularity because, for example, at the Agrabah section of Adventureland, people might be thinking of how the new version ruined the classic. .Not the case whatsoever (at least not for both).