grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The Shay was right all along !

Thanks, never had a single doubt for even a moment - subjectively or objectively. *

* and I can explain at any moment in 10 quick bullet points why I KNEW this movie will be good - and most definitely CAN NOT be bad, like most people feared (or gloated)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

So what s left to adapt if we are looking at all Disney films from Snow white and on ?

Not much it seems.

As far as I know, the ones up next to get the live-action treatment are Mulan (comes out next year), Snow White (with music by the songwriting duo who did Speechless), Lilo and Stitch, and Hunchback of Notre Dame (which has been pushed back due to the Notre Dame fire).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

So what s left to adapt if we are looking at all Disney films from Snow white and on ?

Not much it seems.

The Little Mermaid 

Mulan

Hunchback of Notre Dame (this could be interesting under a Baz Luhrman direction imo). 

Hercules (I would love to see this under Taika Waititi's vision)

Treasure Planet (this could be a POTC spacial reboot)

Atlantis

Tarzan (Disney's own story with Elton John 's score)

Lylo & Stitch 

Pocahontas (Disney's own story ... though they already own the blue pocahontas ... just joking!!)

Pinocchio

Bambi (with Jon Favreau).

Pinocchio

Fantasia

Snow White and the seven dwarfs (with Peter Dinklage being Grumpy or Sleepy as in a drunk mood)

Lady and the Tramp

Sleeping Beauty

The Aristocats

If Disney wants ... they have some material for years to come (a decade or more).

1 minute ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

As far as I know, the ones up next to get the live-action treatment are Mulan (comes out next year), Snow White (with music by the songwriting duo who did Speechless), Lilo and Stitch, and Hunchback of Notre Dame (which has been pushed back due to the Notre Dame fire).

I had no idea they were already "thinking" or "developing" these real action movies!! Any link to that info? 

1 minute ago, meriodejaneiro said:

I had no idea they were already "thinking" or "developing" these real action movies!! Any link to that info? 

Sure! 

Snow White: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/snow-white-live-action-works-at-disney-942601

Lilo and Stitch: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/lilo-and-stitch-live-action-remake-disney-1202967403/

Hunchback: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/live-action-hunchback-movie-works-at-disney-1176584

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weren’t they developing Pinocchio with the director of Paddington attached, then he left the project? I recall Tom Hanks was in talks to star as Geppetto?

Anyway, of all the movies that’s the one that I would really like to see. 

Although I know Del Toro has a darker version in the works. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Don't forget Guy Ritchie!! He got it all:

1. best Disney remake ever

2. his best movie ever (and I ADORE his Sherlock Holmes!)

3. his career soaring and a very nice meal ticket

And just remember where he was a couple of days ago - at least in the eyes of the Hate Herd (the bigger part of the audience AND CRITICS!, unable to think and analyze - and just stampede-riding the latest hate narrative like mindless herd animals).

he definitely bounced back from King Arthur. :) or was it Robin Hood? :thinking:

22 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

The Little Mermaid 

Mulan

Hunchback of Notre Dame (this could be interesting under a Baz Luhrman direction imo). 

Hercules (I would love to see this under Taika Waititi's vision)

Treasure Planet (this could be a POTC spacial reboot)

Atlantis

Tarzan (Disney's own story with Elton John 's score)

Lylo & Stitch 

Pocahontas (Disney's own story ... though they already own the blue pocahontas ... just joking!!)

Pinocchio

Bambi (with Jon Favreau).

Pinocchio

Fantasia

Snow White and the seven dwarfs (with Peter Dinklage being Grumpy or Sleepy as in a drunk mood)

Lady and the Tramp

Sleeping Beauty

The Aristocats

If Disney wants ... they have some material for years to come (a decade or more).

Lady and the Tramp is coming in November on Disney+. Mulan is next year in March.

Lady_and_the_Tramp_-_promotional_image.j

• Like 1

5 hours ago, harsh3090416 said:

Yayyy what you have against other movies. I want all of them to do well :)

That's a generous spirit you have, but I admit that is not me. I take a rooting interest FOR some studios, directors, franchises, actors, and individual films, and a rooting interest AGAINST others. 

So I constantly find myself either cheering or booing good or bad box office for films. :)

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

That's a generous spirit you have, but I admit that is not me. I take a rooting interest FOR some studios, directors, franchises, actors, and individual films, and a rooting interest AGAINST others. 

So I constantly find myself either cheering or booing good or bad box office for films. :)

Weird place to put a smile 😕 like having a postman on the doorbell with a knife :o creepy

TTVOMJ

• ...wtf 1

Just saw this last night. While I don't think all of the changes work, most of them do and I think it helps this one have a different feel from the 1992 classic. Is it as good as the original? No, of course not. But I enjoyed it quite a bit.

With that... I guess I should update my preferences of Disney's live-action remakes/reboot-sequels/films based on their classic IP (the ones I've watched):

1) Aladdin

2) Cinderella

3) Christopher Robin

4) The Jungle Book

5) Mary Poppins Returns

6) Beauty and the Beast

7) Maleficent

• Like 1

1. Christopher Robin
  2. Pete's Dragon
  3. Mary Poppins Returns
  4. The Jungle Book
  5. Dumbo
  6. Cinderella
  7. Maleficent
  8. Aladdin
  9. Alice Through the Looking Glass
  10. Beauty and the Beast
  11. Alice in Wonderland

I like 1-6 (love Christopher Robin, think the other ones are decent) and the rest are varying degrees of bad

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

My remake rankings are

1. The Jungle Book

2. Aladdin

3. Beauty and the Beast

4. Pete's Dragon

5. Cinderella

6. Dumbo

7. Alice in Wonderland

Maleficent and Christopher Robin sorta count, but they're more spin-offs.

Agreed

Just counting the ones I've seen, my live-action remake favorite list is: 

1. Aladdin 

2. Alice in Wonderland 

3. Cinderella 

4. Maleficent (if you count that)

5. The Jungle Book 

6. Beauty and the Beast

7. 101 Dalmatians

Edited by FrozenUnicorn