grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Ranking of Disney live action remakes:

Great:

1.) Pete’s Dragon

2.) Cinderella

3.) The Jungle Book

4.) Christopher Robin

Good: 

5.) Mary Poppins Returns

6.) Aladdin

Pure shite:

7.) Maleficent

8.) Alice 2

9.) Alice 1

10.) BATB

• Like 2

1. The Jungle Book

2. Cinderella

3. Christopher Robin

4 .Aladdin

5. Dumbo

6. BaTB

7. Alice in Wonderland

8. Maleficent

I didn't include Mary Poppins Returns since that's a sequel but I thought it was pretty boring and much worse than the first. I really only enjoy the first 4 on that list. 

Mine :

1. Beauty and the Beast - I watched it 4 times

2. Aladdin - Hard to choose between this and BatB. Let's say they're on the same level. Currently 2 times watched. Will be going for 3td time

3. Christopher Robin - Pooh is my most favorite Disney character

4. Maleficent - watching this in theatre. Pretty good.

5. Cinderella - pretty good too. Lily James :wub:

6. MPR - plot is so thin and simple. The song saves this.

7. Pete's Dragon - not so bad. But....

Eh...

8. Dumbo - mediocre. At least Dumbo was cute.

9. Jungle Book - I don't like it. Maybe because I have too much expectation after the reviews out.

Never watch Alice 1, 2 , Nutcracker and others.

• Like 1

I’m kind of jonesing for a third watch. This is probably the biggest surprise of the year to me, was expexting to find it quite medium-bad but instead it might end up as my favorite non-Frozen/MCU movie of the year.      

It’s got some rocky parts, but Will Smith, Naomi Scott, and Speechless pull a whole bunch of weight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Great:

1.) Pete’s Dragon

2.) Cinderella

3.) The Jungle Book

4.) Christopher Robin

Good: 

5.) Mary Poppins Returns

6.) Aladdin

Pure shite:

7.) Maleficent

8.) Alice 2

9.) Alice 1

10.) BATB

All wrong... not a single 1 is great or you are all giving it a bit higher praise or comparing them to average entertainment... OR you are easy to please/young

TTVOMJ

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

25 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

or he just has an opinion. What a sin!!

My 91 yo granny has an opinion on who to vote for.. its based on looks 😕

PS: ofc its an opinion.. same as mine.. dont take it personally.. i just dont like word great being thrown around, unless that person gets off on scrutiny^^

TTVOMJ

44 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

All wrong... not a single 1 is great or you are all giving it a bit higher praise or comparing them to average entertainment... OR you are easy to please/young

TTVOMJ

He has opinions, dude. 🙎🏻‍♀️

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

13 hours ago, Maximum Avery said:

Weird place to put a smile 😕 like having a postman on the doorbell with a knife :o creepy

TTVOMJ

You think its "creepy" to merely root for or against something as trivial as movie box office? 

Now that's pretty weird mate.  

1 minute ago, SteveJaros said:

You think its "creepy" to merely root for or against something as trivial as movie box office? 

Now that's pretty weird mate.  

Thats just your interpretation of my interpretation.. being AGAINST something as you say trivial is something i find pretty revealing.. and when you put a smile after it like its all honky dory i get the creepy doorman image ;)

TTVOMJ

• ...wtf 1

10 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hard to say. They've said "music will play a role" whatever that means. 

That's ridiculous. 

Reflection is such a powerhouse of a song that it would be insane to remove something like that. 

The scene where she walks into her house and cuts her hair has one of the best uses of musical score in a film - period. Stunning.

• Like 2

The Jungle Book, Aladdin, and Cinderella are the good ones. 

The rest range from mediocre to bad. 

Anyone hating BatB confuses me...it's so vanilla I don't understand how anyone can hate it. It's just...there. So workmanlike. 

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Great:

1.) Pete’s Dragon

2.) Cinderella

3.) The Jungle Book

4.) Christopher Robin

Good: 

5.) Mary Poppins Returns

6.) Aladdin

Pure shite:

7.) Maleficent

8.) Alice 2

9.) Alice 1

10.) BATB

Good

1. The Jungle Book

2. Mary Poppins Returns

Okay

3. Cinderella

4. Christopher Robin

5. Pete’s Dragon

Mediocre

6. Aladdin

Bad or Worse

7. Alice in Wonderland

8. Beauty and the Beast

9. Maleficient

Havent seen Dumbo or Alice 2

Edited by A Panda of Ice and Fire
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 3

haven't seen JB, Christopher Robin and Pete's Dragon, but only good ones of what I've seen, IMO, are Aladdin and Cinderella. The worst is Maleficent. Sharlto Copley gives an all time worst performance. BatB has moments but the whole thing is rather mediocre. MPR, 2 Alices and Dumbo are just blah.

not sure if Christopher Robin counts as a "live action remake" really.

If it does though - well its obviously the worst one. WHat an awful film shitting all over the source material. That movie needs to be burned to the ground.

• Like 1

This we pretty "eh". I liked it better than I expected (certainly isn't a travesty like Beauty and the Beast, Maleficent, Mary Poppins Returns, and Alice) but every scene without the Genie was pretty boring, all the musical numbers except Friend Like Me were so bland, and Speechless didn't fit in this movie at all (it is very much a Pasek and Paul song and would fit better in The Greatest Showman than this). People say that Jafar's actor was the only terrible actor but most of the actors in this movie weren't that good. Mena Massoud is charismatic as hell but can't do dramatic scenes for shit.

The good things were that Will Smith and Naomi Scott were great in this, the jam/buy the princess scene was pretty funny, and Friend Like Me was a great musical number that actually had as much energy as Friend Like Me in the original (can't say that for the rest though). And as I said, the movie was fun whenever the Genie was there and he was there for a decent amount of time.

5/10 - Middle of the road but one of the better Disney live-action remakes/reboots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1