AniNate

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle | December 22 2017 | Special showings for Amazon Prime members on December 8

Pitch Perfect 3 dropping from the previous two isn't really that much of a surprise.  Third films really don't retain as much as the other films do.  It's not like PP3 is adding to the story, it's just the same thing but in a third film.  

Jumanji looks like terrific fun for the whole family. I think it will do at least 150.  

I don't think Father Figures is DOA.  It won't do gangbusters but I could see people just wanting to check out a comedy over the break.  A 50 million total doesn't seem that difficult.

I have no read on Downsizing.  But it doesn't look all that appealing at all.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Pitch Perfect 3 dropping from the previous two isn't really that much of a surprise.  Third films really don't retain as much as the other films do.  It's not like PP3 is adding to the story, it's just the same thing but in a third film.  

Jumanji looks like terrific fun for the whole family. I think it will do at least 150.  

I don't think Father Figures is DOA.  It won't do gangbusters but I could see people just wanting to check out a comedy over the break.  A 50 million total doesn't seem that difficult.

I have no read on Downsizing.  But it doesn't look all that appealing at all.

Father Figures is going to tank.  It has been sitting on the shelf and has changed names multiple times.  No theater wants to show it, they are being forced to because it is the only Warner Bros. film over the Holiday.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Father Figures is going to tank.  It has been sitting on the shelf and has changed names multiple times.  No theater wants to show it, they are being forced to because it is the only Warner Bros. film over the Holiday.  

Ok, thanks, your opinion is duly noted.  People don't choose a film based on how long its been sitting on a shelf.  They choose a film because they think it looks worth their time.  Over the holidays, audiences might choose this film for that reason.  Making 40-50 million dollars over the holidays isn't that difficult.

2 hours ago, babz06 said:

I don’t think Lady Bird or Three Billboards will have that many theaters, probably closer to 500-600. They’ll do a wider reexpansion in January after Oscar nominations.

-Shape of Water should have 1000+ 

-Justice League will probably still have Over 1000.

- possibly The Star, Murder on the Orient Express or Daddy’s Home can keep 1000 theaters as well

Maybe, maybe not. We'll have to see how many theaters they get over the next two weeks.

I don't think SOW is going that wide over Christmas because of the amount of releases. I'm expecting 1,500-2,000 on January 5 though

Doubt it

Hell no

Just now, YourMother said:

OK, but Last Jedi is supposed to fare better than the opening of Rogue One with an estimated $200M, plus we have what is expected to be strong holiday counterprogramming in Sony’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (five-day opening industry estimate $37M-plus), Universal’s Pitch Perfect 3 ($30M-$35M) and 20th Century Fox’s musical The Greatest Showman ($24M-plus over five days). So taking the difference between 2015 and 2016’s year-end grosses at $1.4 billion, the box office would land at $11.1B, off 2.4%.

From DHD

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Woah, may actually hit 250 not just 200 if it pulls 60m for the 6 day. 

That would match empire ? Impression,

Night at the museum did 250m and is first 6 days were:

$55,718,681 

if we do not count thursday preview has a day (or if there are not counting it as a day in those 6) was at $67.66m after 6 days