kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

1 hour ago, stephanos13 said:

Is it me or this movie looks surprisingly better than everyone hoped? 

The movie looks great based on that 2nd trailer.

feel the same. It looks outstanding. I'm really intrigued by it cause it looks like it spends significant time showing the spy training. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Looks like Atomic Blonde 2.0 featuring Lawrence.

Not that it's a bad thing. I actually liked this trailer. 

Having read the books, that could mean the marketing is a bit misleading, it probably won't be an action movie like Atomic Blonde/John Wick.

It is not Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy level either, between those 2.

Commercial prospect seem hard to predict, R-rated slow burn need to deliver quality wise to have any chance and Lawrence should not deliver a totally bad movie but he is far to have Fincher track record either nor Trent Reznor to help him elevate moments.

The 26/84 million prediction of box office pro is a good target I think, with a 35/65 kind of dbo/intl for an around 240m WW result would be really good for this (Robert Langdon 

Inferno just did 220m, Bourne less Bourne Legacy did 276m).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Marvel stans are so pressed over this movie, hilarious. It's not like disney would ever do something like this. If they ever decide to make a BW movie it's going to be a dumbed down comedy/action movie like the usual marvel stuff 

• Like 2

the only thing is how this trailer seems to use aerials of what is obviously Budapest as if it's Moscow. I know they shot the Moscow exterior scenes in Budapest (as well as most of the film anyway) but it will be hella weird given the attention to detail on everything else down to the fucking bad guy's Vertu if they just like 'oh it's not Budapest, it's Moscow' in all the establishing shots.

Unless it's all just for trailer purposes. Which is still dumb.