terrestrial

w/e est.PerfectG 26.7|Visit 25.7|WarR 7.4|MI5 4.15|SOC 4.1 p.21 - Sun rth TPG/TV 5.5|WR 2.4|WITW 1.2|MI5 1|SOC 950k p.26

Well, this weekend didn't completely crumble. That bodes well for the rest of fall since there's at least one compelling release every weekend for the next 5 weekends after this one. And then a strong November/December after the meh last two weekends of October 

I wouldn't be surprised if late July/all of August being a letdown causes everything in September to do much better than expected, except HT2 and MR2. I definitely think either Black Mass or Everest will end up overperforming in a big way, if Perfect Guy and The Visit (2 rather low-key September releases) can get $20 million+ OWs. Everest really should have been released August 28th, though. F4 and UNCLE doing meh left room for a late-summer tentpole. 

Signs is incredible. His best movie besides The Sixth Sense.

Signs is one of the most misunderstood blockbusters ever. Most people focus on the flaws regarding the aliens but that's not what the film is really about. Its actual story is almost flawless.

But M. Night's films for me:

1. Unbreakable A

Tie. Signs A

3. The Sixth Sense B+

4. The Village C

Never seen any of the rest and don't care to.

• Like 2

Signs is one of the most misunderstood blockbusters ever. Most people focus on the flaws regarding the aliens but that's not what the film is really about. Its actual story is almost flawless.

But M. Night's films for me:

1. Unbreakable A

Tie. Signs A

3. The Sixth Sense B+

4. The Village C

Never seen any of the rest and don't care to.

Sixth Sense is pretty OK but that ending with Toni Collette is priceless.

• Like 1