kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

6 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Why are people already declaring this a flop? Please don't tell me that the ole "Kirsten Stewart sucks/everything she touches sucks" narrative is still a thing (is it?)... We have not seen a single frame of filmed content and we are already saying that this is a bomb?

it is too early to say, not sure its smart to open same weekend as Terminator. I would likely see both but would only choose one opening weekend.

12 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Why are people already declaring this a flop? Please don't tell me that the ole "Kirsten Stewart sucks/everything she touches sucks" narrative is still a thing (is it?)... We have not seen a single frame of filmed content and we are already saying that this is a bomb?

you can still give opinion/prediction of how a film will perform before you know much about it.

I mean, we have not seen a single frame of star wars episode 9 but I will tell you now that will be a hit...

Well, I am rooting for this simply because the industry needs more IPs that focus on female characters and because we most certainly need more female directors ascending to A-list status. Hopefully this will be a critical and financial hit that leads to a new franchise and to Banks getting more high-profile gigs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Yes that thing about Kristen Stewart is still a thing so this will flop.

I like Banks and Naomi but I also think that cinema is better with KStew doing foreign movies and indies out of public sight. that's her forte, so I'm not looking forward to her return to mainstream. So on one side, I don't want Banks and Naomi to flop, on the other side, I don't want mainstream KStew ever again. what to do? :thinking:

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I like Banks and Naomi but I also think that cinema is better with KStew doing foreign movies and indies out of public sight. that's her forte, so I'm not looking forward to her return to mainstream. So on one side, I don't want Banks and Naomi to flop, on the other side, I don't want mainstream KStew ever again. what to do? :thinking:

Waiting for Rpatt as Batman.