kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Personal Shopper from 2017 has an 80% on RT.  And she got great reviews for her performance in it. Stewart has done well on the indie scene.  Her problem is she's never done well performance wise in blockbusters. I just don't know if she has the right energy for blockbusters.

Pretty much. She's amazing in Clouds of Sils Maria and Personal Shopper because they allow her to be completely natural and relaxed - the opposite of wooden - and act more with quiet, fleeting moments and gestures, which she's more comfortable with than she is with big showy look-at-me stuff. (Not that she's incapable of the latter - her panic attack in PS is one of the best scenes of last year.) She has lots of charisma but it's an introvert's charisma, the opposite of a larger-than-life movie star's. (All you smartasses: spare me your nonsense.)

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

We underestimate how important second movies are in a franchise.

First movie needs to do good for sequel, sequel needs to do good for a third movie. A bad second movie can kill a franchise very quickly like what happened with Full Throttle.

That new tv show didn't do good either (canned after 4th episode), so I guess they want to try movies again with the brand.

Yep Full Throttle was pure garbage. So many bad decisions made on that one. It delivering disappointing numbers was not at all shocking.

• Like 1

Body language & speech patterns of Ktew are exactly the same in her interviews and in her movies :

hesitant, clumsy, nervous and kinda endering and cute.

It is quite astonishing to be honest.

She basically has little to not technique at all.

Does it work well for certain  parts ?

Yes, her groupies, mainly cinephiles, critics and filmmakers (lucky for her) are in love with her adorable schtick.

Is it acting ?

I ll let you be the judge.

Edited by The Futurist

Elizabeth Banks is a better director than McG so that's a plus. It will be interesting to see how well Sony' strategy of rebooting well-known IPs for cheap will work. They have a ton of such movies in the pipeline. The Girl in the Spider's Web is their first test this year. They are also making the MIB movie for cheap by cutting out Will Smith's big salary/back-end.

46 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Body language & speech patterns of Ktew are exactly the same in her interviews and in her movies :

hesitant, clumsy, nervous and kinda endering and cute.

It is quite astonishing to be honest.

She basically has little to not technique at all.

Does it work well for certain  parts ?

Yes, her groupies, mainly cinephiles, critics and filmmakers (lucky for her) are in love with her adorable schtick.

Is it acting ?

I ll let you be the judge.

She is a former child actor. None of them have great techniques, even the ones internet salivates over , like Natalie Portman and Ryan Gosling. I doubt a Charlie's Angels role will be that technically complex. If Drew Barrymore can do it so can Kristen Stewart.

Is Reese Witherspoon producing this? This is SO female she has to be somewhere behind the scenes. :sparta:

The casting couldn't have been worse for me. I guess (at least) one of the new angels also lives the vegan lifestyle and is bi- or pansexual, of course. 

Maybe they should do a crossver with "Tropic Thunder" and have Tom Cruise reprising his role a the evil Harvey Weinstein as the big bad who gets roundshouse angeled in the end. I would be in for that.

I miss Diaz. Liu and Barrymore. Their movies also had strong women but they did it in a smart, intelligent way without all that in-ya-face attitude.

While I adore Elizabeth Banks I don't think that this will get my butt in a threatre seat. 

7 hours ago, TLK said:

She is a former child actor. None of them have great techniques, even the ones internet salivates over , like Natalie Portman and Ryan Gosling. I doubt a Charlie's Angels role will be that technically complex. If Drew Barrymore can do it so can Kristen Stewart.

Streep is oft held up as a great actor but her ticks and vocal mannerisms are so annoying to me that I actively avoid her movies.

53 minutes ago, EliasChristensen said:

I miss Diaz. Liu and Barrymore. Their movies also had strong women but they did it in a smart, intelligent way without all that in-ya-face attitude.

It was really through the Male gaze though from start to finish with a lot of bikini’s and close ups of their bodies lol. 

I love the two films too though. 

This cast and director are a downer. 

• Like 1

KStew can act. people should get over Bella and she even nailed that role, unless you wanted her to change Bella and make her someone else? She nailed the character from the book.

However, she's not a star material and her fandom was big only during her Twilight stint when she and Pattinson were pretending to be in a relationship.  Now that she's a lesbian, only Awards Watch Forum cares for her which is why all her indie movies bombed despite minuscule budgets, since that's the extend of her fan base. 

This is gonna bomb. It had a shot when Lupita was attached but now it has none. Also, first CA movie was a hit because of Star Power. They didn't cast an actress who can't open and 2 nobodies but Cameron, Drew and Lucy.  

KStew played in a movie opposite a great Juliet Binoche performance and she was the better actress in it, so I don't know where the hate is coming from. She is talented, maybe not movie star talented, but I like her more than most actresses in her age range.

• Like 1