kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

27 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The trailer was fine I guess. Bad music choice and Stewart surprisingly doesn't have the screen presence required to anchor the movie. The final shot of the trailer is probably the final shot of the movie as well.

wait, that's a surprise? she was mocked for having charisma of a cardboard during Twilight run. Razzies even presented the award to her cardboard cutout.

Stewart, who plays Bella Swan, Cullen's love interest, is presenting an award at tonight's Oscars, but was not present at the Razzies. Instead, a cardboard cut-out of the actress was brought in to the press conference to "accept" the trophy, which she won partly for her performance in Snow While and the Huntsman as well as Swan.

“She makes the same face in two movies,” quoted presenter Kelly McIver from an online review of the film.

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

wait, that's a surprise? she was mocked for having charisma of a cardboard during Twilight run. Razzies even presented the award to her cardboard cutout.

I haven't seen her independent stuff, but she gets good reviews for those movies. Didn't she win a French Oscar or something as well for Best Actress?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I haven't seen her independent stuff, but she gets good reviews for those movies. Didn't she win a French Oscar or something as well for Best Actress?

oh, she is a good actress, and yes she won french oscar, but just not a charismatic one. big movies require charisma over acting technique, while indies don't.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

I'm not sure I've bought Stewart's rebrand like I have pattinson's the latter i think has been legit great in certain movies. stewart still seems awkward on screen to me, but she's been very smart about picking films that can use that to her advantage recently. until this at least.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I'm not sure I've bought Stewart's rebrand like I have pattinson's the latter i think has been legit great in certain movies. stewart still seems awkward on screen to me, but she's been very smart about picking films that can use that to her advantage recently. until this at least.

She has a big Oscar play at the end of the year with Against all Enemies, so we'll see how that goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Speaking as a normie who hasn't seen any of KStew's indie work, I'm pretty sure the consensus from even stans is that she's talented, but her strengths don't really fit commercial projects like these. Of course, none of her past commercial projects have been that good to begin with, so maybe she just needs decent material?

• Like 1