kayumanggi

THE BOOK OF HENRY | 06.16.17 | Focus | Reactions on Page 3. They're not pretty.

14 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Jurassic World was supposed to be an edgy, political, confrontational film ?

This is breaking news information.

No, it was supposed to be good. 

Funny thing about Book of Henry is it sounds like Trevorrow was trying to ape Spielberg AGAIN. 

I don't know the "twist" (if it even is a twist) -- though I suspect I know it. But I don't fault the filmmakers for trying to do something interesting and compelling and different. It just sounds like they didn't pull it off. 

I'd rather Trevorrow keep experimenting in this smaller, indie space than big tentpoles -- more interesting, at the very least. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

No, it was supposed to be good. 

Funny thing about Book of Henry is it sounds like Trevorrow was trying to ape Spielberg AGAIN. 

well they were definitely trying their best to create Spielberg connections with this poster

The Book of Henry Movie Poster

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I don't know the "twist" (if it even is a twist) -- though I suspect I know it. But I don't fault the filmmakers for trying to do something interesting and compelling and different

Except for the fact that it is none of these, you are right.

28-ish on Metacritic.

It's one thing to slightly fail with a big budget blockbuster (Jurassic World), but it's another thing to drastically fail with a drama film.

Hopefully there's still time for another director to replace him for Star Wars Episode IX, or a lot of people might end up being upset.

Edited by slambros
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Colin Trevorrow will not be replaced. They are going to keep him on and inevitably have to go back for some big reshoots and rejiggering like they had to with Rogue One after they picked the wrong director for that as well.

:lol:

It always amazes me how much people think they know about a film's production when they know absolutely nothing.

• Like 3

I am honestly still trying to understand how/why this forum is making Jurassic World seem like some failure. It wasn't a failure at all. It got pretty good reviews. It made 1.6 BILLION DOLLARS world wide. It opened to 208 MILLION dollars and still managed to get a 3.13 multiplier and made $652 million domestically. 

I understand some folks didn't like the film and all but like how can one seriously sit there and type out that Jurassic World is a failure or even a slight failure AND keep a straight face while doing so. 

• Like 5

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I am honestly still trying to understand how/why this forum is making Jurassic World seem like some failure. It wasn't a failure at all. It got pretty good reviews. It made 1.6 BILLION DOLLARS world wide. It opened to 208 MILLION dollars and still managed to get a 3.13 multiplier and made $652 million domestically. 

I understand some folks didn't like the film and all but like how can one seriously sit there and type out that Jurassic World is a failure or even a slight failure AND keep a straight face while doing so. 

It is a fun movie that I always enjoy watching. The movie was a success on like every level. It just gets hated on by a small group of very vocal people.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

It is a fun movie that I always enjoy watching. The movie was a success on like every level. It just gets hated on by a small group of very vocal people.

Exactly. I just don't understand why so many folks on here are deeming it this failure and therefore we need to be worried. The movie for all intents and purposes was very very successful. 

I want to reiterate that I like Jurassic World for what it is and I've watched Jurassic World more than once, it's a fun movie. And it can't be argued with, it had good word-of-mouth and was a massive success. A lot of Marvel fans that were critics and bloggers, seemed to be really bothered about it beating the stuffing out of Avengers Age of Ultron domestically. I found that to be a humorous reaction and it caused me to root on the movie because I didn't think Age of Ultron was all that great either. I think Ultron is less entertaining than JW. The hatred for Jurassic World from some circles is over the top and silly.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

:lol:

It always amazes me how much people think they know about a film's production when they know absolutely nothing.

Tony Gilroy raised Rouge One from the dead. A little bird in twitter told me

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nova said:

Remember that? Holy shit...was that ever a surprise that nobody saw coming!!! I distinctly remember how nobody, absolutely nobody even suspected that a reboot/sequel to Jurassic Park was going to be the film who would first outperform The Avengers' OW, let alone its domestic total. 

Edited by Cochofles