kayumanggi

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS | 06.09.2023 | Paramount | final gross: $157,066,392

According to this the animated movie it's called Transformers High Moon

Idk how reliable are they though but even if it wasn't, rumor is that the movie ends setting up a sequel, not gonna say more to not spoil people but maybe they'll use Cinemacon or the next Comic Con to make a big announcement of the future of the saga like MCU/Star Wars? I mean:

Cartoons.

Rise of the Beast.

Title of the animated movie.

Future live action movies.

Already posted on the tracking thread but thought it was worth sharing here. The movie ranked 4th as the most anticipated movie of the summer.

I heve seen people being exceptical and I get the reason but this is actually great. Movies at the top usually have a hardcore fanbase behind them (like superheros) or have a closer release date which in this case is Fast x. Also, The Last Knight was already performing poorly on this polls, it would have been 9th on 2017 summer if it counted Guardians 2 (and that poll was made when it has two trailers and a month before release)

1 minute ago, Mickiland16 said:

Already posted on the tracking thread but thought it was worth sharing here. The movie ranked 4th as the most anticipated movie of the summer.

I heve seen people being exceptical and I get the reason but this is actually great. Movies at the top usually have a hardcore fanbase behind them (like superheros) or have a closer release date which in this case is Fast x. Also, The Last Knight was already performing poorly on this polls, it would have been 9th on 2017 summer if it counted Guardians 2 (and that poll was made when it has two trailers and a month before release)

By the way: Trailer on April 27th

This movie's premiering at CinemaCon next week:

Unfortunately there are also rumours going around per Jeff Sneider that the movie has gone through dozens of editors and is a mess. Fingers crossed that turns out to be false. I certainly don't see why the studio would be screening the movie next week if it was true.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This movie's premiering at CinemaCon next week:

Unfortunately there are also rumours going around per Jeff Sneider that the movie has gone through dozens of editors and is a mess. Fingers crossed that turns out to be false. I certainly don't see why the studio would be screening the movie next week if it was true.

Assuming the movie is a mess, I don’t think showing it at Cinemacon is necessarily proof to the contrary. Disney did the same thing with PotC 5. Cinemacon is meant to get theater owners excited about a movie’s chances of bringing in business. It’s not the same as premiering it at a film festival. 

Edited by WittyUsername

As I recall, when the trailer dropped in December, people in this thread suggested that this movie would be a hit because of some nostalgia for the Michael Bay films, which I don’t get. I don’t think the Transformers films have been gone long enough for people to feel nostalgic about them, especially when the franchise as a whole never left. Besides, do that many people really have a special fondness for the films with Shia LaBeouf? 

I suppose there maybe could’ve been a hook if they really went all in on the Beast Wars stuff, but this really does just look like another Transformers movie. 

Edited by WittyUsername

Bring back the Bay designs and I'd be greatly interested. The current designs, while more accurate to the cartoons, are just too childish to take seriously in my opinion. Although to be fair, I haven't been following this movie, but I'd guess it's targeted to a younger audience than Bay's films. But that would mean a lower box office ceiling....

On 4/22/2023 at 4:13 AM, WittyUsername said:

As I recall, when the trailer dropped in December, people in this thread suggested that this movie would be a hit because of some nostalgia for the Michael Bay films, which I don’t get. I don’t think the Transformers films have been gone long enough for people to feel nostalgic about them, especially when the franchise as a whole never left. Besides, do that many people really have a special fondness for the films with Shia LaBeouf? 

I suppose there maybe could’ve been a hook if they really went all in on the Beast Wars stuff, but this really does just look like another Transformers movie. 

Shia labeouf and megan fox reuniting for a visually striking humourous transformers sequel would do better than this. Shia was very entertaining in the first 3 movies and they made him a draw for a while. They should have written him into a sequel but he probably wouldn't be interested

• Haha 1