WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg31): The Martian 37 | HT2 20.3 | Pan 15.5 | Intern 8.66 | Sicario 7.35 | The Walk 3.65 | Steve Jobs 521k

Couverture-Esquire.jpg

Godzilla, Battleship, Prometheus, Tron Legacy, Need for Speed and Lone Ranger

113842-800w.jpg

They should be associated with better projects in the future if they are gonna recalled "The Next Generation"

This is what happens when pr tries create hype instead of it forming organically. Years later and people still don't know who these dudes are.

So about this best year film talk..can we all just agree that 1994 was the best year for film? 

That is actually a not very weird statement from an oscars perspective.

Best picture nominees:

Forrest Gump -- B

Shawshank -- B+

Pulp Fiction -- A+

4 Weddings, 4 Funerals -- A

Quiz Show -- A-

But 1975 is probably the best Oscars year ever

One Flew Over the CC nest -- A

Nashville -- A-

Jaws -- A

Dogday Afternoon -- A

Barry Lyndon -- A

• Like 1

Sicario makes you feel what Kate feels, better than almost any film I've seen,  I can't think of one better right now but then again, Sicario is fresh in my mind.  But she is thrust into a world of confusion and she is way out of her element.  Del Toro is brilliant as always and Brolin gives without a doubt his best performance.  Even Jon Bernthal's time on screen is terrific.  Villeneuve is here to stay and he might win best director this year.  And for the love of cinema can someone just give Deakins his freakin Oscar now?

Edited by baumer

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Isn't Pan a kids movie?  Why wouldn't it jump about 100% today?

The 70's and 90's are the best decades in film. In fact, I've noticed movies have always been on an every other decade pattern for my preference. I like the 30's, 50's, 70's, and 90's much more on the whole than the 20's, 40's, 60's, and 80's. Not sure about this decade vs last yet though. So far this may be the first time the pattern is broken for me since I'd probably give the first half of the aughts the edge over the first half of this decade.