kayumanggi

ANNABELLE: CREATION | 08.11.17 | Warner Brothers | trailer 2 on page 7

Did a double feature of the Conjuring and Conjuringf 2 last night, reminding me how freaking good this series is (sure the first Annabelle was a misstep but it was still above average in scare content IMO). 

Defintely going to check this out as as soon as possible, regardless of what reviews say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Did a double feature of the Conjuring and Conjuringf 2 last night, reminding me how freaking good this series is (sure the first Annabelle was a misstep but it was still above average in scare content IMO). 

Defintely going to check this out as as soon as possible, regardless of what reviews say.

Me too, brother. Me too.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Holy fuck, it's at 65% now. This is going rotten :ohmygod: Is the return of Tomato Law incoming? @CJohn

It is gonna hang on in the fresh territory. Hopefully I can catch it over the weekend.

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

What's with this movie's tomatometer on RT?

It was at 100% 3 days ago and now it's at 69%. 

It is called "You can only do the cover-up for that long." When more reviews come in , the true colors of that movie will be shown. It applies to all movies. 

57 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

I didn't catch the post-credit scenes either. @The Futurist, can you tell me what they were?

Don't open this if you want to keep the surprise of the post-credit scene (singular) :

Spoiler

During the movie,Sister Charlotte shows at one moment a picture of a covenant she used to live I think, she gives us the names of 3 sisters but says she can't remember who is  the fourth one.

The after credit scene shows us a church corridor with candles that are getting turned off by an evil presence :

the final shot of the scene is a glimpse of the Nun from the Conjuring that will have her own movie next year.

•  

Seriously, it's amazing how sheep-like people are. Three days ago, everyone here was looking forward to this, and now look at all the "Meh, I lost interest." Damn...can we judge films for ourselves without strangers telling us how to feel about a film we haven't even seen?

Edited by Cochofles
    • Like 7

16 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Seriously, it's amazing how sheep-like people are. Three days ago, everyone here was looking forward to this, and now look at all the "Meh, I lost interest." Damn...can we judge films for ourselves without strangers telling us how to feel about a film we haven't even seen?

But, but Tomato Law. 

Saw a 9:45 PM showing. It was okay. 

If I had to give a letter grade it would be B-. It tries some interesting things, but still feels like an average horror film. You could compare it to most horror films in this decade, and there's very little you see in this that hasn't been explored in other horror films already. The team behind this played a little too safe, I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoobSaibot said:

Saw a 9:45 PM showing. It was okay. 

If I had to give a letter grade it would be B-. It tries some interesting things, but still feels like an average horror film. You could compare it to most horror films in this decade, and there's very little you see in this that hasn't been explored in other horror films already. The team behind this played a little too safe, I think.

Pretty much. 

It's not a bad movie. Actually, it's a pretty good movie. It's just that it's another scary movie. It did it's job, though, in being scary, and I think the difference between these movies and other run of the mill horror movies is that these, including ANNABELLE: CREATION, are very well acted, decently written and the production design is a step up. In short, it doesn't feel cheap. 

I'll also say this: it connects brilliantly to ANNABELLE. Parts of this movie may feel "same old, same old" but I wouldn't say that the result of the 3rd act is typical.

I'd give it a solid 7/10.

• Like 3

Also, my screen was packed for this. 90% full at least. My showing was at 7:25 and I figured being there in my seat by about 7:00 - especially on a Thursday night - would be fine. Wrong. I was forced to the 2nd row up from the screen.

33 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I'll also say this: it connects brilliantly to ANNABELLE. Parts of this movie may feel "same old, same old" but I wouldn't say that the result of the 3rd act is typical.

Yeah, last 10 minutes- best part of the movie.

Edited by KeepItU25071906