Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Franchise wars? Is that the same as when girls argued over which Boy Band was cutest i the 90s? Same snarky back-and-forth, but this time with a little hint of 30-year-old's testosterone coupled with 10-year-old's hero-worship? "Just you wait for Back Street Boy's Millennium. It will show you the meaning of being lonely and break all records!"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

A lot of people calling BVS the best CBM of 2016, after trashing it back in March. I guess some people just need time to get it.

I'm not calling you a liar but I would like to see this cuz I still see alot of people trash it hell about 2 tv shows actually made a joke about it 

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

A lot of people calling BVS the best CBM of 2016, after trashing it back in March. I guess some people just need time to get it.

A lot? Cool, shouldn't be a problem for you to show a lot of examples in a compare/contrast manner with their posts, now vs then.

We will be here waiting. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I'm not "truly" a Disney fan,I don't root for any studio like I have an investment in them or like I do my favorite football team.  I am a fan of Disney so long as they make good blockbuster movies, and so they have earned my fandom with numerous such films the past several years. But when they make a bad or boring film, like "Good Dinosaur" or "Alice II", I don't hesitate to say so because there is no underlying loyalty. I don't have an underlying loyalty to any movie studio (strange concept!), I am a fan of good movies. 

But box office prediction is another matter entirely, I call them as I believe they will shake out, separate from my rooting interest.

IMO, Warner's has the best stable of properties. Their box office success is more solid than Disney. Disney rolls the dice every year on one big Marvel movie, one big animated movie, and one big classic remake like Alice in Wonderland. If they hit, they are on top, but the downside is huge. Warner's also has these same big franchises (DC, Harry Potter, and now the animated Lego stuff), but they have a lot more Clint Eastwood type mid-range films that can do $150m and save them if the blockbuster flops.

Disney releases about half as many movies as WB does each year, so technically, pound-for-pound, Disney movies are doing better.  

Plus, WB owns all of DC whereas Disney doesn't own a lot of Marvel stuff. Advantage Warner.

Marvel Studios is responsible for 8 of the top 13 highest grossing Marvel movies(unadjusted).   Yes, DC has the advantage because they have everything in house.  Yet they waited and waited while Marvel went out and made deals and made the Avengers happen DESPITE all those properties being all over the place.  

IMO, Warner's has less downside potential than Disney, Disney is overinvested in blockbusters. 

Maybe?  But if you were an executive at Disney this year, would you be complaining? The last five years, Disney has only been beaten by WB in yearly market share TWICE.  

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/?view=company&view2=yearly&yr=2016&p=.htm

Warner can afford to make "bad" Batman filmsl Batman vs Superman because the  Batman franchise is timeless and they can always do-over. And hell, even a bad Batman film makes $800m WW.

Disney really can't afford to screw up an Avengers movie because their stuff isn't as culturally resonant as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman.  Warner's is following the right strategy in continuing to make these DC Universe films because in the long run they will dominate with them. 

Define dominate.   Because if you by dominate you mean consistently making about the same amount of money for every feature while not actually being the highest grossing comic book movie of the year, then sure.  

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Rallax said:

I am so confused.  I thought I was posting that in the weekend thread.  I haven't clicked on this thread in a while.

You posted that in the WE I think too. Mods moved it I guess.

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

My man Zack made another classic :worthy:

Just because a bunch of DC fans are watching it and tweeting about it (thus making it trend) doesn't change the fact that its one of the most if not THE most disappointing comic book movie of this era

• Like 6