Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

10 hours ago, mredman said:

poor you SS did not flop at all. So what are you talking about lol

Anyway

sis.....this decaf tea, not box office flop, critical flop. i dont care if it makes 1 billion dollars or 1 million dollars, if its good as hell nd i'm interested, im seeing it. unfortunately that wasn't the case for suicide squad. try again

tumblr_inline_o9tl4uhj7W1u2pcix_500.gif

Edited by angeldelmito
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Hmm, I don't know, I think Lego Batman, Justice League and Spider-Man all have a shot at a billion if they truly show up as something good or better than good. JLA isn't opening as high as BVS but it may benefit from stronger legs if it captures the more audience friendly tone the trailer showed it would. Lego Batman I'm championing as a breakout in all fronts, it has no family competition, Deadpool (a superhero movie released in the same weekend, w/similar tongue in cheek marketing sensibilities) reached nearly 800M despite being R-rated and banned in China, and TLM did almost 500M despite no previous goodwill. Nevermind the fact that it's fuckin' BATMAN. And Spidey has reached 900M before, wouldn't be that surprised if it breaks the franchise's record considering the reaction to Tom Holland's Parker in the billion grosser Civil War, + RDJ as Tony Stark's presence.

Still, I don't think they'll actually make it, I'm just saying that they all have a strong shot if you ask me. Won't be as "not even close" as you call it. This is how I think will go:

1. GOTG Vol. 2 - 1.1B
  2. Lego Batman - 900M
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming - 850M
  4. Justice League - 820M
  5. Thor: Ragnarok - 725M
  6. Wonder Woman - 700M
  7. Logan - 500M

Lego Batman is not making anywhere near that. The original Lego movie did 470m

22 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Lego Batman is not making anywhere near that. The original Lego movie did 470m

The original Lego Movie that didn't have the most favorable marketing campaign and opened before the explosion of February as a big movie going month through Fifty Shades and Deadpool? The Lego Movie that people were dismissive of until WOM proved itself really good, and now has a lot of goodwill as one of the better animated films in recent memory? The Lego Movie whose Batman was a lot of people's favorite character, and who is now the central focus of the entire film, on top of the success Batman has seen at the box office?

Plus, don't forget Shrek grossed nearly 500M WW unadjusted and then Shrek 2 exploded to over 900M. Despicable Me grossed over 500M and DM2 reached nearly 1B WW. It's not impossible for an animated sequel to have 50% or more increases.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Hmm... in terms of CBM anticipation, I will watch JL in theaters for sure. I think I will go to cinema for Thor 3 as well, because I'm a sucker for mythology (even though Thor 2 sucked).

WW is a maybe, idk, I'm not really excited for it. Logan is a so-so. Looks like something I would watch at home, which is surprising considering how much I love X-Men. I didn't like the first GotG so I won't see the second. Maybe I will watch Lego Batman at home. Maybe. And I absolutely hate the new Spidey so that also goes at home... maybe. 

Civil War / A+

Doctor Strange / A-

Deadpool / B

Apocalypse / C-

BvS (any version) / D-

SS / F

2017: Anticipated

1. Thor: Ragnarok

2. Spider-man: Homecoming

3. Guardians Vol. 2

4. Logan

Top 4 are what I will watch in the theater

5. WW

6. Lego batman

7. JL

2017 Box-Office

1. Guardians Vol. 2

2. Spider-man: Homecoming

3. Thor: Ragnarok

4. JL

5. Logan

6. Lego batman

7. WW

Edited by Nosferatu Zodd
  • Like 1

I may have missed it in here, but Mel Gibson says that Marvel films are more violent than his film and you don't care about their characters :P 

http://screenrant.com/mel-gibson-marvel-violence-conscience-hacksaw-ridge/ 

“To talk about the violence question, look at any Marvel movie. They’re more violent than anything that I’ve done, but [in my movies,] you give a s— about the characters, which makes it matter more. That’s all I’ll say.”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 75live said:

I may have missed it in here, but Mel Gibson says that Marvel films are more violent than his film and you don't care about their characters :P 

“To talk about the violence question, look at any Marvel movie. They’re more violent than anything that I’ve done, but [in my movies,] you give a s— about the characters, which makes it matter more. That’s all I’ll say.”

"And they're all jews" :ph34r:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 75live said:

I've never seen any guts and brains splattered in a Marvel movie unless I missed something. Even when a head got lopped off there weren't torrents of blood spurting forth. It was actually kind of disappointing. :mellow:

I wish Mel all the best, though. :)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 75live said:

Mel has a very interesting way of expressing his opinions :lol: