Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

9 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

The more surprising part is that Bay is interested. I can understand that he wants to move on from the Transformers infinite sequels, but you would think he had more personal projects than going to work for a Warner franchise.

Lobo is the sort of character where Bay's sensibility can work well, 

I think with Bay possibly doing Lobo and those Homecoming writers directing Flashpoint, WB/DC really hasn't learnt anything about putting the right talent behind the camera for these DC movies. They were able to do so quite well with the Harry Potter movies as all 8 of those movies were drama free and held a high fresh RT critics score. I think WB/DC today is no different than back when they did movies like Steel, Catwoman, Jonah Hex and Green Lantern, they have no plan for these DC movies and are just randomly throwing out movies based of very little knowledge or what the competition is doing. They shouldn't be looking to do spinoff movies like Joker / Harley Quinn or even Nightwing / Batgirl when there are endless amount of main character titles they can pull from for movies. Its not like they are Sony or FOX who only has 1 or 2 comic book movies where if they wanted to do more would require them to do spinoffs like Wolverine, Deadpool or Venom.

• ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Lobo is the sort of character where Bay's sensibility can work well, 

There is something Thanos-y about Lobo. Wonder if Lobo movie is in someways a fresh path for DCEU. Would love if that's the case and Bay is a mega director bo wise so a good choice.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

There is something Thanos-y about Lobo. Wonder if Lobo movie is in someways a fresh path for DCEU. Would love if that's the case and Bay is a mega director bo wise so a good choice.

I think it’s a good match as well if it happens. I’ve enjoyed pretty much everything Bay has done so I’m good with him if it all works out. 

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Lobo can exist in his own world and not have to interact with the Earth based DC characters.

WB originally wanted Guy Ritchie to direct Lobo back in 2009, maybe if Bay turns it down, they could reapproach him or Matthew Vaughn, 

Edited by Jonwo

21 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I think with Bay possibly doing Lobo and those Homecoming writers directing Flashpoint, WB/DC really hasn't learnt anything about putting the right talent behind the camera for these DC movies. They were able to do so quite well with the Harry Potter movies as all 8 of those movies were drama free and held a high fresh RT critics score. I think WB/DC today is no different than back when they did movies like Steel, Catwoman, Jonah Hex and Green Lantern, they have no plan for these DC movies and are just randomly throwing out movies based of very little knowledge or what the competition is doing. They shouldn't be looking to do spinoff movies like Joker / Harley Quinn or even Nightwing / Batgirl when there are endless amount of main character titles they can pull from for movies. Its not like they are Sony or FOX who only has 1 or 2 comic book movies where if they wanted to do more would require them to do spinoffs like Wolverine, Deadpool or Venom.

They have Gareth Evans set to make a Deathstroke movie....and instead they're more hot and heavy for a friggin Nightwing film? Like what person who hasn't seen Evans' Raid films goes "yeah I would rather have a Nightwing movie come out sooner." Like who? 

Batgirl in theory should click and make money, but boy that project seems to have lost tons of steam after JL as if WB got cold on Whedon after JL with his tinkering didn't become the super hit they expected it to be. 

49 minutes ago, commendable said:

No film franchise will beat the consistency of quality and box office returns as Harry Potter. A truly special franchise to be honest

41 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Marvel

oscar_jackson.jpg

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, RRA said:

A picture taken before the Hobbit trilogy.

obviously.

The Hobbit trilogy has won as many Oscar as Harry Potter and the MCU combined.

:sparta:

(or one more, depending how you count the Academy Scientific and Technical Award )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

The Hobbit trilogy has won as many Oscar as Harry Potter and the MCU combined.

:sparta:

(or one more, depending how you count the Academy Scientific and Technical Award )

DC has 2 Oscars.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Aliens (2W 7N)

Best Visual Effects

Best Sound Editing

Best Actress (N)
Best Art Direction (N)

Best Sound (N)

Best Film Editing (N)

Best Music (N)

The Abyss (1W 4N)

Best Visual Effects

Best Cinematography (N)

Best Art Direction (N)

Best Sound (N)

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (4W 6N)

Best Visual Effects

Best Sound Mixing

Best Sound Editing

Best Makeup

Best Cinematography (N)

Best Film Editing (N)

True Lies (0W 1N)

Best Visual Effects (N)

Titanic (11W 14N)

Best Picture

Best Director

Best Original Music Score

Best Cinematography

Best Film Editing

Best Visual Effects

Best Production Design

Best Costume Design

Best sound Mixing

Best Sound Editing
Best Original Song

Best Supporting Actress (N)

Best Actress (N)

Best Make Up (N)

Best Visual Effects

Best Cinematography

Best Production Design

Best Picture (N) (Robbed)

Best Director (N) (Robbed)

Best Original Music Score (N)

Best Film Editing (N)

Best Sound Mixing (N)

Best Sound Editing (N)

I've heard people tell me "if Cameron can replication the visuals of Avatar, maybe it could do well." Well have a little look above, he has made 7 films, had 6 visual effects nominations and 5 wins. Terminator was his first film and it had a low budget, so it's basically 5 out of 6 on being the best visual effects movie of the year, coming top 5 the other time. He's 5/5 for big budget Jim originals.

If you think it's down to chance whether Jim makes Avatar 2 look gorgeous, maybe it's time you don't.

Side note: Is Jim (James Cameron) the most acclaimed franchise as well as the objective best in box office Gross?

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Barnack said:

That is probably true, him and Nolan are pretty much the 2 director of giant movies known to go in crazy length to put the maximum of stuff in camera with a very limited use of green screens.

I seem to remember one director who built a scale replica of the Titanic set... his name escapes me right now though. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I seem to remember one director who built a scale replica of the Titanic set... his name escapes me right now though. 

I think he ignored Jim on purpose, or perhaps the lack of knowledge is the reason why we see so many Star Wars Avatar's and few Jim ones.

• Haha 1