Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

19 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Disney pays Bob Iger probably $10 million a year to make big decisions, and me nothing, but I tried to tell them last year that SOLO would flop due to Star Wars Fatigue and releasing movies too close together.

They didn't listen and released SOLO anyway, and now Iger says I was right. Go figure.

Make that around 35m to 50m depending on how is bonus goes, 10M today is not even that high for a NBA starter player. 

You needed to tell him about Solo around 2013 or 2014 ideally, last year the movie was already shooting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnick said:

James Cameron is a VERY TALENTED director and an asshole arrogant.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a VERY TALENTED player and an asshole arrogant.

arrogant: having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

I'd call Jim humble considering the man's achievements. 

The controversy about Captain Marvel not smiling in her own movie is so dumb. It was not okay when this type of BS was done to the Snyder films, and it's not okay now. This is why you should be fair and defend your 'rivals' when people are being cunty to them. Troll journalists and extremist SJW are not your friends just because they're attacking the franchise you don't like. Give them enough power and they'll do the same to things you like.

Dumb "controversy" like that is free press for the movie. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that studios start those controversies to rally fans in support.  It can't be that all that viral shit is 100% spontaneous. Another one that I don't believe to be just fans being fans is Leo's Oscar. 

Edited by Valonqar

Speaking of dumb, I started watching Solo last Sunday and couldn't finish it. It's not that it's bad, it's just boring, which is worse. To be fair, I am very busy right now so that's why I haven't had the time to watch the rest of the movie during the week. I'll finish it tomorrow.

I still don't understand why it bombed so hard though. It's not like MCU movies are any better. And I know people hated The Last Jedi, but I don't think that alone is responsible for Solo's box office performance.

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

Make that around 35m to 50m depending on how is bonus goes, 10M today is not even that high for a NBA starter player. 

You needed to tell him about Solo around 2013 or 2014 ideally, last year the movie was already shooting.

You can shoot a movie but keep it in the can for a while. 

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yes I am sure Marvel decided to hire her to copy DC and not on, you know, her merits. I didnt know WB was the first studio ever to hire an Asian American female director. 

:redcapes:........Nothing wrong with Marvel playing catch up with hiring non-white male directors..Better late than never

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFDyZ6JKIcgJnt0CKSvkX

A rational person would celebrate the fact that women and POC are getting more chances like these. A petty fanboy would turn it into a dick measuring contest. Guess we know which one he is. 

Do you think these people would react the same way when DCEU finally gets around to making a black actor led movie and a black director?

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

18 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

A petty fanboy would turn it into a dick measuring contest. Guess we know which one he is.  

Do you think these people would react the same way when DCEU finally gets around to making a black actor led movie and a black director? 

:Venom: