Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

So thankful for the death of the negative Influence of The Dark Knight on blockbusters.

Always knew this movie would be a tiny, flimsy moment in time with little to no consequences on anything.

50 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Why are people still going after Zack Snyder? The guy’s been through some difficult times for the past two years. 

I feel bad for him on a personal level but he is still defending his work and that includes taking shot at his critics. No surprise that they would hit back.

The biggest problem for me is not how he depicted Batman or Supes but how neither he nor his apologists can accept valid criticism. I still recall Deborah Snyder being asked what they learned from the reaction to BvS and she said it was that fans don't like to see their heroes deconstructed. You see, BvS is great... the problem is simply that the naysayers couldn't understand or refused to see its greatness. Takes like that don't garner sympathy. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

When the Lex Luthor of The CW's Supergirl is better than the Lex Luthor of the DCEU you know WB fucked up badly.

On 3/23/2016 at 9:12 PM, CJohn said:

9.5/10

The only thing I didn't like was the stupid Flash cameo warning Bruce Wayne. "Is it time yet??? Did I come too soon??" C'mon man. It was wearing a very weird armor and at first I thought it was Cyborg lol. I am also pretty sure the dream sequences were made by other hero/villain and not some random event. 

Otherwise it was legit awesome. The story is actually very simple and easy to follow. Ben Affleck was great. Gal Gadot has the best entrance ever for a super-hero. Troll Luthor breathes life into this movie. He is very, very good. The battle between the leads is quite cool. The final moments of Superman are the stuff of legends. I cried. Fantastic. Perfect moment. 

Also liked the Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman cameos from the Luthor files. Aquaman looks like fucking Roman Reigns lmao. 

The crowd seemed into it a lot. Cheers and applauses when Batman gave Superman and the first punch and when Wonder Woman showed up. Laughs at the right moments as well (Troll Luthor gets a few, and there is a legit hilarious moment involving Batman and Martha Kent that got the biggest laughs from the audience). And when I cried, there were a few people crying as well. Brutal dead silence in that scene. It gave me chills.

This movie was what my dreams were all about. I loved it and can't wait to see it again.

Critics can suck my dick for all I care. 

All Hail GOD SNYDER.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Endgame is gonna demolish IX. The amount of emotion these previews are having is astounding. Those characters are true friends. IX cannot possibly achieve that with their heroes who barely know each other. Endgame's gonna crush IX into dust and I cna't freakin wait! 

IX is going to do way better than you think and I can't freakin wait!

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Endgame is gonna demolish IX. The amount of emotion these previews are having is astounding. Those characters are true friends. IX cannot possibly achieve that with their heroes who barely know each other. Endgame's gonna crush IX into dust and I cna't freakin wait! 

I'm more ecstatic than ever for what Terrio brings to the table. JJ for the longest has been working with absolute schmucks when he's capable of so much more.

Well both Snyder and Rian Johnson were given the keys to the kingdom of their respective franchises after one film. We saw what happened with Snyder and we don't know whether Rian Johnson's trilogy is a go ahead or not. Certainly is a lesser priority compared to the Benioff and Weiss films. 

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Well both Snyder and Rian Johnson were given the keys to the kingdom of their respective franchises after one film. We saw what happened with Snyder and we don't know whether Rian Johnson's trilogy is a go ahead or not. Certainly is a lesser priority compared to the Benioff and Weiss films. 

Mad respect regardless for breaking away from nostalgic pushovers and journeyman storytellers. Watchmen did indeed become a movie made too early and on other side of the coin, we got the long-awaited sequel to Space Balls. 

I don't know how Terrio does it, from Argo to BvS to JL to Ep IX.

You can apparently catch Johnson's trilogy first on Disney+ according to 17 Magazine.

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Why are people still going after Zack Snyder? The guy’s been through some difficult times for the past two years. 

Historically that's how deplorable white trash bullies work. They never stop until you're walking with your head down.

But they will never break him, and the obsession just gets worse with time.

His Netflix film will get so much free publicity utSpo35.gif

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Ah I was wondering where that sudden Netflix passion came from.

Apparently zombie related.  We really don't have enough zombie related entertainment.

21 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Apparently zombie related.  We really don't have enough zombie related entertainment.

There's been a great lull in the force.

Now they're just mix-n-matching movie monsters like The Mummy for example being more of a zombie movie apparently.

11 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

BVS is a travesty. 

Justice League is a tragic mess. 

Suicide Squad is a hot mess. 

Squad > JL ~ Ultron > BVS

Not a chance in hell hah. squad is better than Venom and Hulk but barely likeable. 

3 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Crazy part is that all those movies are better than TLJ. That's how bad it was

Indeed so bad I won't even watch the directors cut. Think I might suffer through BVS one. Snyder definitely ruined it but I still love Superman and Batman even though he tried his best to ruin it.

7 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I feel bad for him on a personal level but he is still defending his work and that includes taking shot at his critics. No surprise that they would hit back.

The biggest problem for me is not how he depicted Batman or Supes but how neither he nor his apologists can accept valid criticism. I still recall Deborah Snyder being asked what they learned from the reaction to BvS and she said it was that fans don't like to see their heroes deconstructed. You see, BvS is great... the problem is simply that the naysayers couldn't understand or refused to see its greatness. Takes like that don't garner sympathy. 

Man, I have no idea how Wonder Woman escaped from the Snyders' filmmaking instincts.  Did Patty Jenkins simply stand her ground and refuse any interference in what she wanted ? Was WW filmed during a time at which WB already decided not to adhere to Snyder's vision (I can't recall the timeline in terms of BVS audience reaction, WW filming, and WB deciding that enough was enough.