Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Yeah guys Shazam's definitely dead before we even get the weekend numbers lmao.

I hope it gets Wonder Woman-level drops for the next two weeks at least, even if it doesn't open big. Definitely DC's best film in a while

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

This could have done great business regardless of Avengers. I really don't think people are unable to see two films in a month, especially since they're 3 weeks apart.

But they aren't really.  Cause if you didn't buy tickets for EG this on Tuesday, you weren't seeing it in three weeks.

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

My point is that there was originally more breathing room before Endgame. 

original.gif

Edited by captainwondyful

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

reading the international threads has me thinking Captain Marvel domestic over Shazam WW? :thinking:

I'm sure that's gonna make a lot of users on here very happy

• Haha 3

I’m not saying Shazam is dead before the weekend or anything cause I was never predicting big numbers for it to begin with. I’m just saying I think the release date could of been better. We all knew EG would get large hype but I’m not sure anyone realistically thought it would be that crazy and CM got crazy hype as well.

It’s just unfortunate timing and it is what it is. It’s being released and I’m glad I get to see it a few more times this weekend. I’m most disappointed at the reactions overseas from audiences, I was hoping they would like it a bit more but again, it is what it is. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I’m not saying Shazam is dead before the weekend or anything cause I was never predicting big numbers for it to begin with. I’m just saying I think the release date could of been better. We all knew EG would get large hype but I’m not sure anyone realistically thought it would be that crazy and CM got crazy hype as well.

It’s just unfortunate timing and it is what it is. It’s being released and I’m glad I get to see it a few more times this weekend. I’m most disappointed at the reactions overseas from audiences, I was hoping they would like it a bit more but again, it is what it is. 

It is what it is regarding BO but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved genuine feel movie gave to me. Right up there with WW as the best of DC.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Hopefully they bring in the Rock for the sequel which should help its OS prospects. 

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, Endgame wasn't scheduled to be released at the end of April until they released the teaser at the end of last year. It was originally going to be released at the beginning of May. 

Anyone paying attention knew Avengers 4 would move up as soon as IW did. If WB couldn’t figure that out it’s on them.

• Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, TMP said:

The Rock is gonna be the weakest part of the ensemble for Shazam Too based on his work output thus far. I guess he could always surprise everyone

Eh. At the very least, he'd bring more buzz than this film has elicited thus far. I'm sure the sequel could at least open big (bigger than the first, for sure) with his name attached. Many will be curious to see him as BA. 

WB's marketing for Shazam was fine. Better than fine even, having seen it I'd say they 100% put the funniest parts in the trailers. I just don't think it's a particularly appealing concept as far as CBMs go, and yes EG is burying any chance for it to generate any buzz. No one in the GA really gives two craps about any movie not named EG right now. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

WB's marketing for Shazam was fine. Better than fine even, having seen it I'd say they 100% put the funniest parts in the trailers. I just don't think it's a particularly appealing concept as far as CBMs go, and yes EG is burying any chance for it to generate any buzz. No one in the GA really gives two craps about any movie not named EG right now. 

I agree I think marketing was fine as well, but a lot of others don’t think it was good and at this point it doesn’t really matter to even argue about it tbh. 

EG tickets are most definitely hurting Shazam this week/weekend a bit. Tickets are still selling strong. Had the tickets gone on sale next Tuesday instead of this week it would of been a little different for opening weekend imo. But fair play, Marvel is allowed to put ticket sales on whenever they want.