Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

I would care deeply about Batman if they acknowledged Dick Grayson's existence.  Or Tim.  Or Fuck even Jason.  

Batfamily movie, all aboard. I wouldn't have gone back to when Batfleck started his career.

Would've pushed forward and did an Agent Grayson movie, then Jason Todd, throw in the Owls...and eventually Damian,

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Like what? The ten billionth Batman movie? Do people still care about Batman?

WB’s slate isn’t that reliant on DC when you look at it. Dune is probably gonna cost more for them than Wonder Woman 2 and The Batman.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

A giant shadow over their heads that will never go away.

Jeez, I know Affleck was out of shape in Justice League, but that’s just mean 

17 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

Batfamily movie, all aboard. I wouldn't have gone back to when Batfleck started his career.

Would've pushed forward and did an Agent Grayson movie, then Jason Todd, throw in the Owls...and eventually Damian,

I so want/need the Battle for the Cowl storyline of Dick Grayson having to train/parent Damien, deal with Jason and Tim’s issues with him, and struggle with if he should take the mantle; all while trying to stop Hush/Tommy Elliot. (He isn’t the moat obvious villain choice, but I love that “I am going to take Bruce’s face and then give away all his money” storyline a bit too much to care.)

2 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

I would care deeply about Batman if they acknowledged Dick Grayson's existence.  Or Tim.  Or Fuck even Jason.  

This is what you get and you're gonna like it

tumblr_mig8002dgg1rx5m4mo3_400.gif

Anyways, there's lots of room to explore Batman and still feel fresh I think. There's tons of interpretations of Batman that have spawned all sorts of stories over eight decades and the comic community still embraces plenty of them. I don't see why it wouldn't be the case for the GA either. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Anyways, there's lots of room to explore Batman and still feel fresh I think. There's tons of interpretations of Batman that have spawned all sorts of stories over eight decades and the comic community still embraces plenty of them. I don't see why it wouldn't be the case for the GA either. 

But can you do  Batman somewhat small for the big screen ?

Each Batman Warner relaased since 1989 were some of the biggest films of their time.

To be honest, I love the Dark Knight trilogy, but Batman haven't been properly adapted for the big screen yet. It still feels like the Batman from the comics haven't been explored aside from BVS. And I feel like if they can fully capture the spirit of the Batman comics into a long running series it will make so much money.

• Knock It Off 1

8 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I know you're trolling but yes. He's still far and away DC's most popular and valuable IP. If he wasn't he wouldn't be constantly shoved down our throats at the expense of other characters

I’m not trolling, I’m serious. I have no clue what point there is in making more Batman movies. Like Star Wars, Batman needs to take a break.

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

But can you do  Batman somewhat small for the big screen ?

Each Batman Warner relaased since 1989 were some of the biggest films of their time.

Depends on your definition of somewhat small I think.

8 hours ago, MrPink said:

This is what you get and you're gonna like it

tumblr_mig8002dgg1rx5m4mo3_400.gif

Honestly. I will take that. 10 year old me was obsessed with that movie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Honestly. I will take that. 10 year old me was obsessed with that movie. 

Same, but I was 5. First movie I saw in theaters and it made me a Batman fan for life. And the soundtrack... 🤤

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

It's such a shame that Robert Pattinson's not in the alleged running for Batman, since he'd be pretty much perfect for it

Sarcasm? Batman requires someone bigger and way more gritty than a pretty boy actor.